LG G2 - Early concerns - feedback please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomOrtlieb

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
Hey everyone,

After extensive research, I decided on purchasing the LG G2, as it is noted for its big and beautiful screen, fast hardware, and incredible battery life. The first two, in my opinion at least, have come as advertised. I am, however, actually worried about the battery life. I have used it non stop all day long (about 6 hours) and the battery is already at 8%. I noticed that the battery was not fully charged when it was being setup at Best Buy today - but, is this something I should be concerned about? In almost every review, it stated that the LG could handle a full day (if not more) of medium to heavy use. I was not even doing anything that would really tax the phone either (the most was downloading about twenty apps which took only a few minutes). I spoke on the phone for about thirty minutes and sent out a few texts, but I did not watch any video and spent minimal time surfing the web. Is it necessary to run the battery all the way down to ensure the battery fills back to its "full potential"? Again, many of the reviews raved about the long battery life from the initial setup.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Solution
Hey so I just purchased an LG G2 about a week back and I've been having absolutely outstanding battery life. One of the reasons I actually purchased this phone was because of the amazing battery life that so many other reviewers claimed to be experiencing. I've been having no issues with this. After charging to 100% I go through a full day of heavy to moderate usage (downloading apps, email checking, 30-45 min phone calls, 100 or so texts, and some light web browsing) and still have about 35% charge left in the phone before I head to bed. I get about 20 hours or so on a full charge which is amazing.

What I would recommend is get a battery analyzing app that shows you what is draining alot of your battery away. I have 'Battery Drain...

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hey so I just purchased an LG G2 about a week back and I've been having absolutely outstanding battery life. One of the reasons I actually purchased this phone was because of the amazing battery life that so many other reviewers claimed to be experiencing. I've been having no issues with this. After charging to 100% I go through a full day of heavy to moderate usage (downloading apps, email checking, 30-45 min phone calls, 100 or so texts, and some light web browsing) and still have about 35% charge left in the phone before I head to bed. I get about 20 hours or so on a full charge which is amazing.

What I would recommend is get a battery analyzing app that shows you what is draining alot of your battery away. I have 'Battery Drain Analyzer Pro' and it does a good job of showing me what's taking up the most amount of cpu time. I suggest you close background tasks often and limit your sync times to something like every 30 mins for email or other apps. There must be some background process that's killing your battery. Once you find out what that is it'll be much simpler to fix.

Alternatively, there were some reviews that fall in line with what you're saying and some of them returned their phone and got a new G2. That's what I would recommend honestly if you're within the return period window as it may be that you just got a faulty G2 battery. Good luck! Hope you get it figured out.

Solution

TomOrtlieb

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

Thanks! I did download a battery saving app, but still it seems to die quick. For instance, just last night, I left it unplugged, had the settings to super savings (10% brightness, all apps killed when it goes to standby mode, no wifi, etc.) and it still dropped over 10% in battery percentage. Even with the horrible battery of my old iPhone 4S I never had this issue. I will be returning it for a new one this weekend. Thanks!

shahrd

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I actually upgraded from an iPhone 4s as well. Battery life was absolutely horrible on it compared to what this thing should be. And yes, from what you said it seems like you just got a faulty G2. Hope you get that returned and squared away!

charisk123

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014
Same to me but i found a SOLUTION. Remove the LG weather theme (has a bug) and install the Weather and Widget app (set at its settings not to use GPS for location), app is found on google play store.

Additional tip is to set battery save mode at the phone's settings - location. Battery is perfect after did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS