LG G2 Wont turn on - 1.5 months old

BronzeStar

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
Hi, I recently switched from US Cellular (10 years there) to Verizon. I got an LG G2 for basically free for signing up with 2 year contract. - Awesome. I get home. Phones great. Works great. Lot faster than the Electrify M I had with US Cell (had the phone 3 years no problems, still works)

Phones worked flawlessly since the day I got it, and I've had zero problems with it at all. It was only out of the box for 5 minutes before I put a case on it. It's never been dropped. It's never been wet. I really haven't downloaded anything to the phone, nor have I really done anything with the phone other than use some simple apps and text/talk features.

Anyways for the first time since I got it the battery drained all the way. Usually If it's around 10% I'll plug it in till 100% then I'll unplug it. I never leave it on the charger all night or anything of that sort, and it usually only takes about 15-20 minutes to full charge from ~10%

Anyways It died, and I plugged it in to turn on, Nothing. I figured it'd be similar to my Electrify where when it fully died I had to wait a few minutes before It'd even power on while connected.

I left it for about 10 minutes and tried. Nothing. I left it all night and tried. Nothing.

I've already gone in to talk to Verizon about what I should do. And I'm not very happy. The manufacturer warranty has apparently already 'experienced' and I never put insurance on the phone because well that's a complete scam IMO. But an even bigger scam is a month and a half old LG G2 not working.

Has anyone had this problem with theirs? I'm not sure what to do at this point. They were trying to get me to purchase another phone. And the terrible salesman that they are were almost forcing me to purchase a brand new G5. WTF. No. I want my LG G2. I'm 10 minutes away from calling them up and going back to US Cellular as my electrify still works. And hell maybe I'll purchase a G5 through them instead. Any advice on the matter? As far as I can see I'm SOL. No phone, no warranty, no insurance. My phones my job so I can't have this down for more than a day or two at most. I've called Verizon support, and LG support. And both have basically said I'm SOL and tried to have me do a few little tests that did nothing other than prove it's dead for no reason.

I'm really just looking for another LG G2 owner that's maybe had this problem ect?

oh and I've tried tapping on the screen to wake it up. I've held the power down for 10s ~ 15s ~ a full minute, Nothing. I also didn't get the "LG KEY" That "supposedly" comes with the phone, to open the case.

Anyone else have this problem with this phone? I'll probably never buy another LG much less ever go through Verizon again unless they can miraculously fix this problem within the next 24 hours, which I doubt.

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
That's free phones for you. Your best bet seems to be a new battery, but try one last thing: plug the phone into the wall with the battery out. If it boots, then there is a battery problem. It is likely this will not work with your phone, but this can work on laptops so trying it out on a phone is worth a shot!

BronzeStar

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

the battery actually does not come out in this phone. at least not like most, I can't just pop the back off. I need the key that they never sent me. and then you have to remove quiet a bit of the phones guts to get at the casing that's holding the battery down to remove it. So unfortunately that's not an option. yes it was free but it's still an LG G2, something LG considers one of their top phones, So I'd expect it to perform like one. I mean really I could care less about how fast it is none of that matters if it dies within a month and a half.