Solved! LG G7 stuck in bootup, can't get to safe mode

Jul 21, 2019
One night when I was going to bed I plugged my phone in to charge it. I wake up at some point in the morning because I hear it making the connecting sound ever 5 or so seconds. Guessing it's the usb being weird, I disconnect and reconnect it and everything seems fine, so I go back to sleep. Then when I actually woke up and got out of bed I wanted to check my notifications I had gotten overnight, but the screen wouldn't unlock. I hold the power button and it says it's on 0%. So I guess it didn't charge for some reason.
I plug in the charger and leave my room for a couple minutes. Right when I come back I see that it's about to turn on, but I didn't go straight to it yet. About 10 minutes later I want to take it and unlock the PIN code but the phone's still one the bootup screen with the red LG logo. Something like this has happened before, so I just let it die, hoping, that when it does and I charge it again I'll turn it on and it'll work.
But then when it gets to about 5% it turns on automatically and still gets stuck on that logo. So I started looking into what I should do. I found an article saying to do a soft reset. I try it, but it still gets stuck. Then I tried to boot into safe mode.
I turn it on by holding the the volume down and power buttons, once I see the LG G7 ThinQ logo I let go of the power button and immediately press it again, which should bring my phone into that menu that can only be controlled using the volume buttons. I checked out how it looked on google, should have multiple options with what to do. But here comes my main problem. Instead of giving me a list it goes straight into "factory data reset", asking me to answer yes or no to resetting the phone. I say no, because I wanted to try booting into safe mode first, but when I choose no it goes back to the regular bootup screen.
So could anyone tell my why my phone doesn't give me the few options that every tutorial says it should? Is there any way I could get to those?

Solution
You are pressing the wrong buttons for "Safe Mode" hence the problem getting into it. :) You have been doing the power button for the second part when you should be using the volume down. Here are the correct instructions.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.
You are pressing the wrong buttons for "Safe Mode" hence the problem getting into it. :) You have been doing the power button for the second part when you should be using the volume down. Here are the correct instructions.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Jul 21, 2019

I don't know, that's how it was said to be done in the tutorials I saw. But I'll try your way. Thank you!