Lg smart remote problems

Tonyboney

Estimable
Jun 16, 2015
Hi, my remote MR 500, for my 4k 3d smart TV keeps playing up, I register it, it works ok for a bit then it stops working, I've changed the batteries numerous times, the power on light stays on also. I take the batteries out, register the remote, it says registered on the TV, works fine, some buttons work, volume or wheel but not together, won't turn TV on or off, if left for some hours the power on light stays on the remote....grrrr
Do I need a new remote or is it something I'm not doing right?
Thanks

Samir Duk

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015

Did you find a solution yet? i have exactly the same issue with my remote

Skywalker69

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015

I'm experiencing the same thing. Any solution yet ?

Did you read the reply? Contact LG support. It's an issue with their hardware.

ripansays

Estimable
Aug 29, 2015

My remote is AN MR500. Problem is from yesterday, I can't power ON/OFF the TV using the remote. Only 2 options are working:
1. the cursor on the TV screen is OK & moving as per my remote's movement.
2. Using the wheel on remote I can change the channels.
except these 2, I cant even make any click at the onscreen menu. I keep clicking on but TV is not registering the clicks. The Volume +/- buttons, Program +/- buttons are not working.
Sometimes it suddenly starts changing of TV channels very fast one after another. sometimes it makes the microphone [i.e. voice search] option ON.
More interestingly, I regularly use the LG blu ray player remote for TV's basic funtions like volume, power ON/OFF, program change, Mute etc. This remote is also stopped working.

Please help.