Solved! LG subwoofer problems need advice

Nov 8, 2018
Hi All, First post

I have a LG soundbar and subwoofer, recently the sub started making poping sounds and eventually died (makes no sound). The pairing still works and re pairing it also finds the sub.
After dismantling the thing I discovered that a component on the board looked swollen and wrong. This componet looks like a Large capacitor, but have found that it is (forgive the discription but) power choke / Inductor for digital amps, it has these numbers on the side 1016W-19-9R5M

http://www.ksparts.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=02_04&wr_id=21

I have looked all over and cant find the part anywhere, does anyone know where i can get said part or an equivilent in the uk? any help would be great.

Solution

You don't need to get the same exact one, but just a radial inductor for digital amplifiers with the same specs.
Rated current(rms) 7.0A
Inductance 9.5uH (Microhenries)
Operating temperature : -25℃ ~ 105℃
Double output

Like al92 said, you might able to find similar ones in a electronic repair store even for free sice you could get 1k units for $3
Also you could search online for something like Panasonic radial Inductor...

al92

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
HI,
I'd recommend first of all getting in touch with LG's customer service. They may be able to help you, or direct you to an approved repairer.

Alternatively, try searching for people in your area who repair hifi systems - they might have suppliers they could point you towards.

jojesa

Distinguished

You don't need to get the same exact one, but just a radial inductor for digital amplifiers with the same specs.
Rated current(rms) 7.0A
Inductance 9.5uH (Microhenries)
Operating temperature : -25℃ ~ 105℃
Double output

Like al92 said, you might able to find similar ones in a electronic repair store even for free sice you could get 1k units for $3
Also you could search online for something like Panasonic radial Inductor 10uH.
You could also call or chat with a seller to find one similar.

Also take in consideration that other components could also be damaged and you might not be able to see it without testing the board.

Solution
Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for your replies, finding a electrical componet shop/ repair shop nearby my area is almost impossible. The UK has very little in this regard and thats not an exageration. I have now searched for an hour for a simular componet and still cant find anything.

Am a little surprised, always thought the UK was big on kits and self-build.

Have u tried eBay? Aliexpress? Some asians, surprisingly are willing to mail you a few dollars worth of goods, as long as u don't care the 3-4 weeks turn around.

BTW, there is always the possibility that the component failed because it was under powered to begin with, so as long as the inductance(?) is same, and room around it to fit, a higher power unit would be OK to me.