LG threeway split screen

shushteru

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
A year and a half ago (two year warranty) I bought a 42 inch LG LED 42LB670V 3D smart Tv. Tonight I observed that my screen was split in three by two vertical black lines, literally parting the screen in 3 equal parts. This is observable only sometimes, probably when the background is mostly one color. Is this something that is caused by the cable provider or is it something to do with my tv? Should I take it to be repaired? Thanks.

Milheim

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
Try it out watching a movie or playing a game. If it doesn't exist when using a different source, it could be your cable provider. Otherwise I'd say it's the TV. Regarding repairs, I think they tend to be pretty expensive depending on what needs to be done. In some cases you're better off buying a brand new TV. If the problem exists watching DVD/Blu-Rays and playing games, I'd first contact LG about the warranty. They could provide you with a certified repair place or a replacement TV.

shushteru

Estimable
Feb 1, 2016
I tried a movie from a usb stick and the problem persists. It's more visible if the background is grey for some reason. I'll contact the seller about my warranty. Thanks for the reply.