LG V35 ThinQ Review: Here We Go Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2018
You can always bring an extra battery for your LGV35, 128G micro sd cards are cheap and even 256G cards are only about $80 bucks. This LG can handle 2G Micro SD cards. You won't ever be able to add 2 more Gigs of RAM to your GS9. The LG also has the potential of allowing me to leave my Fiio amp home when i fly due to it's sound processing.

Apr 3, 2018
I almost always buy the fastest hardware available at the time of my upgrade with my carrier (which is AT&T) so say what you want but I just ordered this phone. I don't buy phones to take pictures, i buy them to listen to music and perform as fast as they possibly can. Light weight is also a bonus (as is the sound chip). OLED, a bonus. The only thing I am concerned with is that Samsung typically has faster web browsing with their LTE chips and you see that in things like the "old" note 8 still surfing the web as good or better as the much faster in benchmarks Iphone X. I suspect even with these top of the line specs, actual web surfing will be "average". Still, with 64G of ram expandable to 2TB and a solid sound card built in (so i dont ALWAYS have to carry a Fio sound amp with me everywhere) this was a no brainer over the GS9 (to me). I can always bring a back up batter for the V35, i cant add ram to a GS9 down the road.

Jul 20, 2018
How can you put storage as a con when it has an expandable slot? And did you have a bad unit? My V35's battery performance equals or betters the Mate 9. Maybe you had the pre-production model, but I think you need to do a redo review of this phone. It's the best phone released so far this year.

Apr 3, 2018

The original post was not my review. I agree with you. The V35 battery gets a full day or more. If you use the battery saver mode, you can just about get 24 hours and if you some times use the super saver mode or turn it off (say if you are on a long flight or teaching all day and not using it anyway) you can go nearly a day and a half on a battery.

Even doing the "charge between 40% and 90% thing I find it only necessary to charge for a few minutes once a day...rarely twice.

I bought two extra batteries when I got this..one an ultral light "lip stick" battery and a larger 5000mah that doubles as a charging port and have yet to need either of them.

Also, I can run things like Sennehiser HD6xx head phones directly off this LG and you CANNOT DO that with a GS9 without adding an amp in your pocket..... That is HUGE. Although running a 300ohm head phone off the LG...WILL (understandably)....shorten the battery for the day.

Aug 10, 2018
Runs on Verizon and any gsm provider unlocked, not just two like the article says. Also with a prime membership it's only 699 with free one day shipping. Yes prime cost extra but you can buy prime for just one day and cancel it if you want for just a few dollars.

agony22

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
Battery life is way better than most High End phones. WTF are they saying? Also its the thinner High end phone with that battery capacity . Let me guess they don't like LG.
This phone has .
Waterproof IP68.
Thin
Great display
Quad Dac SSE
HDR 10
2GB msd
etch etch etch

Dec 5, 2018
An LG hater pitting specific flagship models against the V.35. Most information that is critical of the V.35 is so subjective and outdated. And the comment about possibly getting a pre-production model could apply. I highly doubt there was any effort used to actually prepare the phone for the alleged usage scenarios as LG phones are highly customizable so out of the box it might benefit from some tweaking for specific test scenarios. Subjective thinking, lack of real world testing and inadequate testing surround the review here. One thing I have learned about all of the LG V series phones. Choosing the correct variant is critical to how well it functions with a specific carrier. Unlocked CDMA/GSM models will accommodate your carrier of choice but software tweaks are almost always required to gain the specific functionality offered on each carrier's variant of the same model. The photo examples were so obviously subjective as I literally did not like most of the pixel 2 photos in comparison. LG camera functionality blows the Pixel opt of the water. Just because the Pixel has a default camera profile out of the box that might suit most people, it fails to even compare to how robust and powerful LG camera functionality is once you enter the settings and see how a v series camera becomes a professional photographer's dream. Point is, just because it isn't this reviewer's cup of tea doesn't make it a less capable phone. It's probably above their pay grade to even test it thoroughly. They obviously only scratched the surface and likely don't even know how to use it properly.

. JFTR, pushing a polygon with some testing app is a far cry from a real world result. The different result in an actual game was a real world test that had a completely opposite result.

Smartphones, when I shop for them, come in 2 distinct flavors. You either buy a phone that controls you and shows you tells YOU what it does best or you buy one that you can control by telling it what to do because it was designed to be the best

Status
Not open for further replies.