LIVE: Microsoft's Mystery Event

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]decepticon[/nom]What ever happened to the phone turning into the mobile computing platform. That started with the iPhone but stopped dead in it's tracks...with the exception of the droid.[/citation]Actually the closest thing to mobile phone computing is WinCE-based phones. iPhone was far from "starting it". I bet you think Apple created the tablet computer too, with their revolutionary iPad. Seriously, WinMo 6.5 can go on the net and install software just like a PC, no app store required. It's the closest you'll get to a true mobile computing platform. Too bad its going to die off, too complicated for most users, so Phone 7 is going to replace it (and be more iphone/android/webos like).

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mattfoo2324[/nom]Actually, they're FUGLY. Wouldn't be caught dead with the over sized marble, I mean "Kin One" if I was a hipster teenager. Kin Two looks slightly better, but is it just me, or do they look cheesy/plastic-y/cheap?[/citation]

Nope they do look cheesy/plastic-y/cheap.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Let me tell you that my niece is manny times exhausted from her social networking and I don't think it is a great idea to facilitate her and her friends more resources. I hope there will be some useful way to use those social networks. But in a hand of a kid what are we expecting?

For a big company like Microsoft one thing is go out and ask a lot of kids what they want and the other is delivering something good and in a constructive form that goes beyond just pleasing. So I hope this initiative wont contribute to more addiction. Besides this, I think this phones looks to dull and maybe premature to market as a product. Maybe I am expecting to much...

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
micro$uxx design at it's best... what a waste of time and resources.
"We are the first Windows Phone to ship with Zune." And it seems to be the only and last one...

Much too much noise for absolutely nothing...
Didn't get bored to overhype all new crap from redmond?
This "liveblogging" complete waste of time is even crappier than microcraps latest.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ossie[/nom]micro$uxx design at it's best... what a waste of time and resources."We are the first Windows Phone to ship with Zune." And it seems to be the only and last one...Much too much noise for absolutely nothing...Didn't get bored to overhype all new crap from redmond?This "liveblogging" complete waste of time is even crappier than microcraps latest.[/citation]

Your seriously biased comments are in danger of getting you banned. I've seen you post well thought out, eloquent comments on non-Microsoft stories. It'd be a shame to lose your intelligent input just because you insist on turning into an ass whenever you see the word 'Microsoft.'

Oh and for the record, all Windows Phone 7 devices will ship with Zune so it won't be the 'only and last one.'

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Your seriously biased comments are in danger of getting you banned. I've seen you post well thought out, eloquent comments on non-Microsoft stories. It'd be a shame to lose your intelligent input just because you insist on turning into an ass whenever you see the word 'Microsoft.'Oh and for the record, all Windows Phone 7 devices will ship with Zune so it won't be the 'only and last one.'[/citation]

Thank you Jane. :) Quite tired of hearing about "micro$suxx wintarded fankiddies" myself.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Your seriously biased comments are in danger of getting you banned. I've seen you post well thought out, eloquent comments on non-Microsoft stories. It'd be a shame to lose your intelligent input just because you insist on turning into an ass whenever you see the word 'Microsoft.'Oh and for the record, all Windows Phone 7 devices will ship with Zune so it won't be the 'only and last one.'[/citation]
Maybe you don't like criticism, but try to maintain your calm, and not put the carriage in front of the horses... one can just wonder how the poor comments are in danger. ;)
As anything else, except microcrap praise, is turning the wintarded micro$uxx fankiddie herd into a raging mob, ready to hang any dissenter, without ever being warned for excessive bias, or skew, I can only beg for the same indulgence - or are double standards extending their grasp?
Even m$ lovers can't stand these horrendous examples of bad engineering - I can only completely agree.
Leaving m$ apart, I understand you tried hard to be funny, and offer interesting "instant" news, but the result is at best lamentable. I know you can do much better, and wish you the best. Also, please don't be any more so pro-m$, and anti-rotten fruit biased - it's not at all an example of good journalism - even if it's what the crowd expects, and you just like to please.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ossie[/nom]Maybe you don't like criticism -snip-[/citation]

Pot calling the kettle black? Kind of looks like you didn't actually bother to read her notice to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.