Logitech G230 upgrade to Razer kraken 7.1 worth it?

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I am considering replacing my current logitech G230 headset. I did a bit of research and the razer kraken 7.1 looks good...

What are peoples opinions of the razer headset? I am mainly changing because the G230's have a seemingly low Db limit so 'loud' on the G230 isn't really that... loud.

Would the change in quality justify a £40 cost? (after selling my g230)

Thanks for any replies
~Barney6262

Solution
don't really like gaming headsets, about avoid Razer at all costs, mixed opinions but from an audiophile perspective, none like them, very average audio

I made a similar post earlier aakint for advice. anew headset or headphones, guessing you're gaming, so if you want actual headphones, they'll have a low soundstage bit no no (well closed ones) but the best recommendation for a headset was the HyperX Cloud, did some research, nice large drivers, good vang for buck, at the price, what's included and packaging is professionally done it'll cost a little more, its 80$ here (not sure on conversion)

Rayano24

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
don't really like gaming headsets, about avoid Razer at all costs, mixed opinions but from an audiophile perspective, none like them, very average audio

I made a similar post earlier aakint for advice. anew headset or headphones, guessing you're gaming, so if you want actual headphones, they'll have a low soundstage bit no no (well closed ones) but the best recommendation for a headset was the HyperX Cloud, did some research, nice large drivers, good vang for buck, at the price, what's included and packaging is professionally done it'll cost a little more, its 80$ here (not sure on conversion)

Solution

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for the reply Ray,
I have to say that headset (HyperX) looks great. Identical price to the razer headset i was looking at with an extra 13mm of drives ;)

I'll have a look through a few reviews on those, they look nice.

I do want a headset as my budget won't let me get a mic and headphones. Obviously, this is going to impact audio quality but I just cannot afford to spend enough money to get a decent mic and headphones...

Rayano24

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
The HyperX are a rebranded QPAD headphones except well, I'd say better considering the extras they include and price
For headphones, I was literally about to checkout on a pair of M50's, they are 99$, (sale) the aren't the best for gaming but depends on you, you can get. a zalnan Clip on mic with it too, again not t sure with conversion, might cost a lot more for you

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
After looking at review for the HyperX cloud headset (as suggested by rayano24) and seeing multiple reviews saying it was an outstanding headset for it's price I decided to order a set. Thanks Ray, wouldn't have found them without you ;)