Question Logitech M570 Trackball Mouse Wireless Issues?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
m sure some of you have used this mouse before. Its great because trackball means you don't have to move around with your wireless mouse. Recently, i notice it kept right clicking. At first i thought this was my laptop issue, but then when i turned off the power button to my trackball mouse, this issue stops.

Basically it keeps on right clicking. When i left click it, then the right click either goes away for a bit... or comes right back. Also i notice many times i can't even click on programs or anything at all. Does this mean my logitech trackball mouse is no good? I know mouse eventually go bad as i usually get a new one every 1 or 1.5 years etc. I do this with many logitech wireless mouse. But this trackball one has been so good... now it does this clicking where i cannot even use it.

Does anyone have tips on if there is a way to fix it? Is it bad idea to have it opened? Im not sure how to do this but is that bad idea? The left clicking is fine... its just that i notice recently... it keeps right clicking... sometimes one time... but then keeps right clicking so you have to left click it to go away. But then it starts highlighting my desktop icons etc. I removed the battery and put battery back in but eventually this keeps happening. I then used my other logitech wireless mouse which works with no issue... but i don't like it as much as the trackball though.

Any thoughts here?

Also i use this trackball mouse a lot. Like the entire day and night. I notice batteries that i use... energizer which are very good... does even last more than a few weeks now. Is that normal? Now i do use it all day and night so that why my battery is so poor with this trackball mouse?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Hey all so i just connected the trackball mouse to my chromebook to test it out.

When i connected the trackball mouse to chromebook, i notice a very similar issue. When i have a few chrome tabs opened on one chrome page, i cannot use my mouse... nor use my chromebook trackpad to click anything it. However, if i were to highlight the chrome button at the bottom in the chromebook where i have a few chrome windows opened... each with chrome tabs in it.. then i click on another chrome window and either use my mouse or chromebook trackball, i seem to be able to click on things. But i cannot click on almost anything with my right click unless i try very hard and only on certain spots. Is this a bug or something with my trackball mouse?

Okay so imagine this. I click on a forum or site with my left click of the mouse. Now i press real hard right click to open in new window so a new chrome tab in the same chrome window. Thus imagine a few chrome tabs on a single chrome window. I cannot click on any of the other chrome tabs at the moment that is visible at the top. But not only that... when i use my chromebook trackpad and move to click on it with the trackpad, i can't click on anything. But if i wait a bit, i can click on it sometimes with my trackball mouse... and also with my chromebook trackpad.

I mean if its a trackball issue, okay fine i cant click on it with the logitech trackball mouse. But why would i not be able to click on it with my chromebook trackpad where i move the arrow manually with the trackpad? Is this a logitech trackball issue that affects my trackpad and the current windows opened or something? I use chrome.

Right now, i seem to be able to click on links or anything on a current chrome page. But if i were to try to manually click on another chrome tab on the same window... imagine i have a few tabs on the same chrome window... i can't seem to do this. It doesn't work with my trackpad either...

I had this trackball mouse for over a year already. I do admit that i have this tendency to get it wet quite a bit... imagine getting a bottle of water and drinking it and then some water is on the trackball mouse but i then wipe it. But sometimes i don't do it immediately. But i had this happen quite a few times already. Could this have caused it? Again i had some water on it a few times, quite a bit actually but mouse never had any issues.

But is there a way to fix this issue?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Okay haven't use the logitech m570 in a while and tried to connect it to my chromebook. Same issue. You can use it for a short while... then say you open a few chrome tabs on a chrome window. Thus imagine im on this page. Then i right click and open a few more tabs. When i bring my mouse to click on those tabs... i cannot click on it. But not only that... my touchpad does not click on it either. You cant click on it. But i could however close those other tabs i just opened. However, the moment i unplug the usb from my chromebook, immediately i can click on things using my chromebook trackpad to click on things.

So is this a software issue or the mouse itself or both? I had other logitech mouses go bad with the clicking issue such as not being able to left or right click that well or it clicking like crazy, but my touchpad on the computer would work though.

Why is it the moment i unconnect the usb to the trackball m570, i can click with my touchpad without any issue?

pauly01

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2013
Okay i haven't tried it in a few weeks to a month. Now i just tried plugging the trackball mouse into my computer and there seems to be no issues with clicking?

Has anyone had a mouse go crazy with the clicking and not clicking and right clicking and then not use it for a while only for it to suddenly work like normal? Last time i remmebered i tried using it again and it worked good for like 30 minutes then it went crazy with the can't click etc.