looked at a chess website for a guide a website popped up but i closed it pretty quick

Oct 18, 2019
Hello I was looking at some chess guide thing because I wanted to know a little bit about chess and it popped up with some really fishy site and I ran a malwarebytes scan nothing was detected but I wanted to make sure I was safe can someone help thanks!

Oct 18, 2019
so I was looking up some chess guides just to see if it could help etc, it directed me to a really weird website that looked very suspicious I really wanted to know if my computer was safe from keyloggers, places trying to get my banking information, etc, thank you

it was called 101chess or something like that didn't like suspicious at all but it was

Do you have an anti virus software installed? Scan your hard drive

You can use the app malwarebytes to scan with another tool for suspicious files on your computer.

Be sure your browser and windows is up to date.

As long as you didn´t download something or type your personal data onto such sites, there is no security problem.

I found this one in a search for chess for beginners.

I reckon chess.com should be safe enough and I've had the site open for a few minutes and it hasn't tickled my security software's spidey senses.

Enjoy. I've been playing for sixty years and enjoy it but be careful who you allow to play with online.

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks guys!, it was learnchess101 don't go there I did a full scan and 1 thing was found (it was a game on steam that i highly doubt was a virus but i quarantined it anyways), thanks a lot (as well if anyone wants to go check there with a virtualbox or something that wouldn't be affected you can I wouldn't recommend going there but you could just to prove it), again thanks