Looking at budget gaming laptops on NewEgg. Need advice.

Pierce405

Estimable
May 14, 2015
So, I'm finally getting back into looking at computers after 7 years. Right? It's been a while. The last laptop I really looked at was one in 2008 when I was getting off of a 2-year church mission and getting back into college. And even then, I was pretty out-of-the-loop.

So I've been studying up on cpus and gpus and I think I'm finally ready to narrow my search down. I've been checking Newegg for deals (if anyone knows a better site, feel free to point me to it), because my laptop that I use now was in my bag when I was hit by a car, and the monitor is epileptic now. My budget is probably anything less than <$700, unless you really think an extra $50 or $100 is going to make a big difference. My goal is a budget gaming machine that I can take on trips, and I want it to stay relevant and usable for as long as I can.

This is the one I think I've narrowed it down to.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232376

Is this acceptable for Office, gaming, movies, and such? Do you have any laptops you'd recommend instead? Do you think there are any components that I could do better with? Whether it's something slightly more expensive, but delivers a big boost, or a something that costs a lot less, without a big loss in performance, I'm looking for information and advice.

Thanks in advance
Pierce

EDIT: More precisely, I'd be using this for Elsword (Korean MMO), Steam games (Final Fantasy XIII and others roughly at a Skyrim level), and a PS2 emulator. I might end up using it for ArcMap (lots of rendering? Question mark? Cartographic entry and analysis software) eventually, too.