Solved! Looking for a 1080p TV for around $200.

bluebadger12

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015
I have been looking for a 1080p TV that is around 40-50 inches and is somewhere either around or under $200. I will be using it for gaming so a decently low response time would be good. I'm not sure if this is an unreasonable request, but would appreciate the help. Thanks

Solution
You do realize that text will look terrible on a TV being used as a monitor, right? Especially on a very large unit, even on a 1080p model? And also that televisions don't tend to HAVE low response times like many monitors do.

So long as you realize that a TV with similar specs isn't a monitor, in any regard, then ok.

You could do something like this. Insignia is Best buy's house brand and are typically pretty good in terms of quality compared to cheap off brand chinese made units. Probably one of the best 1080p televisions of this size you are likely to find for under 200 bucks.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-43-class-led-1080p-hdtv/5886208.p?skuId=5886208
You do realize that text will look terrible on a TV being used as a monitor, right? Especially on a very large unit, even on a 1080p model? And also that televisions don't tend to HAVE low response times like many monitors do.

So long as you realize that a TV with similar specs isn't a monitor, in any regard, then ok.

You could do something like this. Insignia is Best buy's house brand and are typically pretty good in terms of quality compared to cheap off brand chinese made units. Probably one of the best 1080p televisions of this size you are likely to find for under 200 bucks.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-43-class-led-1080p-hdtv/5886208.p?skuId=5886208

Solution

bluebadger12

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015

it will be used for an xbox, i just wanted to be able to play fps's without the noticeable delay.

Well, all I can say is good luck on figuring that out, because although the model I listed IS a 60hz panel, response times are not generally even a listed specification for televisions so knowing whether it will have much lag due to a high response time will either be a guessing game or simply an acceptance that it will not be as low as many monitors might be, because it won't.

They are not the same thing in any way that matters other than that they are display panels.