Looking for a cheap laptop

G

I need a cheap laptop that will do good for the following things:
Watching movies
Internet browsing
Listening to music from speakers
thats it! simple as that.
I actually care alot about perfomance so i want to have a good proccessor i don't really care about playing games on it so i don't need it to have a good GPU
since i used alot of money on my desktop computer and i don't want to spend too much on a Computer again i want a cheap laptop so i can have it as my portable computer because my current laptop is too old

G

Thats actually a good laptop but the problem is i don't really want to have Windows 10 as a Operating System because theres alot of people saying Microsoft is spying on people using Windows 10 plus i prefer Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 as an Operating System

MS does not "spy" on people, but like all other software companies and internet website, they do collect data from you in specific instance if you use their services. Not because they want to know exactly what you are doing, but how to improve their services to give you a better experience.

Google and other web browsers collects tons of information about you based on your searches and what websites you visit. Do they actually bother to go through that data to find out you like and don't like? No, it is not worth their time. The only time they would do so if they are served with a court order to assist law enforcement agencies for something like potential criminal / terrorist acts.

If you do not want MS to collect data from you to help improve their services then do not use their services like Cortana (not activated by default), OneDrive and Outlook. Just be aware that if you use if you use something like Google or Yahoo for email they will be collecting data on you.

G

Well i im not using Cortana or Outlook
And i don't really care about google collecting what i search for or stuff like that, however i do care if Microsoft has access to my computer because theres some people say that Windows 10 deletes programs from their computers and Windows 10 having something called "Remote Cloud Administrator" and because of that they have the ability to mess with your computer.
Thats why i don't want Windows 10
But i used to have a computer with Windows 10 and i actually liked the OS, but as soon as i heard all of that i immediately went back to Windows 8.1

Windows 10 does not have "Remote Cloud Administrator" installed by default.

MS did release software called Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) that can be installed in Windows 10 if you want though. The primary purpose is to allow IT departments in businesses to provide remote support to employees who are having issues. Remote access does not happen in the background without your notice.

Generally what happens is IT would send you a request to gain remote access to your PC to either troubleshoot issues or install software necessary for you to do your job. You would be prompted to either accept or deny remote access.

Remote access is not new. This type of software has been in existence for over 25 years. That means Windows 8.1 will also have similar administration tools as well.

G

What about the Windows 10 removing programs?
Because its been confirmed that Windows 10 does delete software from your computer.
What about that?
Also can you still buy Windows 7? Because i might buy this laptop if i can still purchase Windows 7
if not i might as well give Windows 10 a try and hope the information you gave me is true

Yeah, Windows 10 uninstalling certain programs that are deemed no longer compatible with Win 10 has annoyed people. The most mentioned programs that I have read which are removed from my brief search on this topic are CPU-Z, Speecy and AMD's Catalyst Control Center (CCC). CPU-Z and Speccy are programs that provide basic information about the PC... kinda surprised they would be considered "incompatible". On the other hand the removal of AMD's CCC would be extremely annoying for those people with AMD GPUs.

I believe you can still buy Windows 7, but the laptop manufacturer must have Win 7 drivers for the specific laptop. Otherwise if you attempt to install Win 7 on a laptop with no Win 7 driver support you will find that many integrated devices like wireless and the network card will not work.

G

So if Windows 10 removes programs for "incompatible" reasons, there has to be a way to disable it right?
I really want this laptop but at the same time i don't want to have a nightmare using it

Based on my brief search that feature of Windows cannot be disabled which is why people are annoyed by it. I do not know if MS has made any changes regarding that issue. That "feature" was part of the November 2015 update.

I would do more research on you end by trying to find out what programs have been uninstalled by Win 10.

G

Well thats kind of rediculous why didn't Microsoft let us decide
But you did say thats a feature thats been added from an update so if i unistall this update will the feature be gone also?
Or other updates are going to get affected as well?

G

UPDATE: I found the perfect laptop for me in my local store and it has Windows 7!
Thank you for your help anyway.
I'm still picking the laptop you recommended as best answer because its a pretty good laptop for the things i asked
I didn't wanted it because it had Windows 10