Looking for a decent gaming laptop £630 max

Dessembrae

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
1. What is your budget?
400 to 630 GBP

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15"

3. What screen resolution do you want?
nothing smaller than 1366 X 768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable (unless that effects the performance significantly)

5. How much battery life do you need?
About 4-5 hours, it would help if it was close to 6 hours when just doing administrative work (MS word etc.)

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Dota 2, Civ V, CS GO - High or highest. BF3/4, GTA V, Witcher 3 - medium or high.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
A little bit of photo/video editing, but mostly Music and Video entertainment and Word editing software

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500GB would be good, 320GB min though, unless I can add extras?

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I keep real good care of my stuff, so I hope at least 5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Doesn't need one, but a bluray would be pretty nice.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preferred brands really, if there are any brands that deviate from the mainstream (such as Dell, HP, etc.), I'll need assurance that the laptop is well known and has no factory faults and the like.

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This is the current laptop I am considering.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Acer-Aspire-Nitro-Win-10-VN7-591G-792U-Gaming-Laptop-Notebook-GTX-960M-PC-/121920041568?hash=item1c63003260:g:KRoAAOSw5dNWkXpX

Solution
Higher end games like Witcher 3 you will not likely get to smooth play on high settings in your budget, but your lower resolution will help them run at Medium not too bad. That Acer 960m laptop is likely the best one in your budget. Acer is a lower end maker, their laptops will be cheaper than most. Dell, MSI, Gigabyte, Lenovo, etc.. will cost more for the same specs. They will be more reliable though, Acer is often in the lower half of reliability ratings.
Higher end games like Witcher 3 you will not likely get to smooth play on high settings in your budget, but your lower resolution will help them run at Medium not too bad. That Acer 960m laptop is likely the best one in your budget. Acer is a lower end maker, their laptops will be cheaper than most. Dell, MSI, Gigabyte, Lenovo, etc.. will cost more for the same specs. They will be more reliable though, Acer is often in the lower half of reliability ratings.

Solution