Question Laptop Recommendation

Mar 28, 2024
Hello,

I'm a software developer and I'm looking for a laptop recommendation. I use both Windows 11 and Ubuntu Linux at work. Here are the details of what I'm looking for:

1. What is your budget?
Around US$ 2,000 - US$ 2,700.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
From 14' to 16'. Preferably 15' or 16'.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
I'd like a higher resolution display. Something like 2880 x 1800 or above.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Closer to a desktop replacement.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Battery life is relevant to me. Ideally 5-8 hours with light usage.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No, I don't usually play games.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, etc.)
Software development, video calls, browsing the web with several tabs at once, watching videos.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 1 TB SSD.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not specifically.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Around 5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Bluray ROM/Writer, etc ?
I don't need optical drives.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm considering Dell, HP, Lenovo, Samsung and Asus. But I'm open to other suggestions.

13. What country do you live in?
I live in Brazil, but I'm traveling to the US and intend to buy the laptop there.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need a laptop capable of dual booting Windows 11 and Ubuntu Linux because I use both operating systems at work. I intend to use it for software development, so I need at least 16 GB of RAM (preferably 32 GB of RAM).

Thanks a lot for the help!

Last edited: