looking for a drone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcstarter

Prominent
May 3, 2017
hi so i am looking for a decent drone and my budget is 250 dollars it would be nice if it had decent flying time and live streaming hd camera would you please help

Solution
Look at the Syma X55w.

Well within budget and has proven quite durable for use by various family members.

"Decent" flying time being around 5 minutes. More than enough to wear you out if you are a beginner trying not to crash.... :)

Does fly quite well once properly trimmed/configured. Fun!

[Edit to include lost sentence.]

Look at the Syma X55w.

Well within budget and has proven quite durable for use by various family members.

"Decent" flying time being around 5 minutes. More than enough to wear you out if you are a beginner trying not to crash.... :)

Does fly quite well once properly trimmed/configured. Fun!

[Edit to include lost sentence.]

Solution
Helped a family member with the Syma x55w. Very nice. Needed some tuning as most drones do.

User manual has some errors - again much the same as other such manuals.

Start up process does not always seem to work as it should. May need a do-over as sometimes nothing happens at throttle up.

Drone is good for both indoor and outdoor use.

Bottom line is that, to date, it has flown well, handles lights winds okay. Do need to have maneuvering room in the yard or outdoor flying area. Again, true for most lightweight drones.

Can quickly take off upwards in a thermal if you fly over a hot roof.

mymutter

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
First drone? then yes on the syma. I currently am using an X5hw and it's a good little drone for little money.

Don't be fooled, it is slow, but easy to control. Has headless and normal features, no GPS but auto hover, and great to learn on, and not to much money when it crashes or flies away.

before reading the pro's and cons, I highly recommend starting with this drone..
pro's:
Great for learning how a drone flys
great battery live for as small as it is (8-9 minutes)
easy to use, easy to connect to a phone, app works great.
Tough little drone, crashes well
flips are fun
handles 3-4 mph winds nicely.
cons:
video quality is crap, on par with the surveillance footage you see on the news.
When you are 15-30 feet away from your phone the frame rate on recordings drops to 1-2 fps
range is crap
not really for indoors.... to much side to side drifting.

not your first drone, still on budget? MJX Bugs 3 with go-pro

pettopost

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I found some good drones on Amazon. Just make sure to read the reviews and see what people are complaining about. I only ever really look at the negative reviews for that reason. There are so many drones on the market and your budget is pretty solid. You should be able to get a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.