Looking for a Extremely Budget Laptop

Devilmaker

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
Hi, Im planning to get an extremely budget Laptop with these specs as I will be using EGPu. I already have a powerful desktop but I travel a lot. I don't mind carrying a little extra for the EGPU. ( Better than the whole desktop )

Laptop specs:
i7
No need graphics card, or a decent one would be fine. ( EGPU will be a GTX 1070 )
For Ram, I will upgrade it to 16gb later on.
Comes with USB-C
SSD + 1TB HDD
17.3 inch 1080p screen

Best is below $1000

Solution
I think you need a laptop equipped with an Nvidia card in order to use an EGPU with no monitor.

So it is not going to be that cheap. I would avoid 17.3 inch laptops as well, they are so bulky that you loose mobility

I would recommend this one:

http://www.pro-star.com/index.php?r=product/configure&model=N855HJ

$700 USD for a 7th generation quad core i7 7700HQ and a GTX 1050

Laptops with dual core i7s and integrated graphics are about the same price so forget it.

Uou can even play games fairly well with that GPU if you want extreme mobility and like I said it is the best bang for buck.

Unfortunatelly, it does not have an SSD but you can get an M.2 SSD for a very good price and you will be good to go

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
I think you need a laptop equipped with an Nvidia card in order to use an EGPU with no monitor.

So it is not going to be that cheap. I would avoid 17.3 inch laptops as well, they are so bulky that you loose mobility

I would recommend this one:

http://www.pro-star.com/index.php?r=product/configure&model=N855HJ

$700 USD for a 7th generation quad core i7 7700HQ and a GTX 1050

Laptops with dual core i7s and integrated graphics are about the same price so forget it.

Uou can even play games fairly well with that GPU if you want extreme mobility and like I said it is the best bang for buck.

Unfortunatelly, it does not have an SSD but you can get an M.2 SSD for a very good price and you will be good to go

Solution