Looking for a fast gaming laptop with good graphics

Dauktis

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
I have basic knowledge on laptops so please excuse my lack of knowledge... I'm pretty much looking at the stats of my current laptop and setting that as the bare minimum, with some help from review sites.

1. What is your budget?
Maximum price is a bit short of $2,000 but I'm looking for something in the $1,000-$1,500 range.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least a 15 inch screen.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
At least 1280x800 I need 1080p HD.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'm not sure what that means but if "desktop replacement laptop" means what it seems like I assume it means a laptop to replace a desktop computer, I have only ever owned a laptop so no, I don't think so. I need something portable that I can bring everywhere if I need to.

5. How much battery life do you need?
4-6 hours of continuous battery usage.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
A few examples of the games I'd like to play on my laptop (I'd like to be able to play all on high quality graphic & speed settings) are:
League of Legends
World of Tanks
Any games on Steam (Arma 2, Team Fortress 2, ect.)
World of Warcraft
Diablo III

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'd like to be able to edit videos and photos (I think adobe photoshop CS6 works) but also make powerpoints/keynotes, screencapturing/recording (like Camtasia), and music creation applications (Garageband, FruityLoops/FLStudio, ect.).

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 16GB of RAM and maybe 7200 RPM or something like that? I've checked out a few videos about what to look for in a gaming laptop and it said for memory 7200 RPM is great.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I've seen a few good gaming laptops they're all pretty good and the one that had good reviews are http://alienware.com/ and http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/ but I don't only want solutions that are those brands/makers, also I hear https://www.xoticpc.com/ has great customizable laptops.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'm looking to keep it for a while maybe 5 years max?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I have no idea what this means I'm sorry whatever is good (I know, I'm quite unintelligent when it comes to these things) but I think it's a disc drive or something and I'd like to be able to put all the standard stuff into my disc drive (CD's/DVD's) and also BluRay will be nice to have as an option.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Acer computers seem to break down easily I would except them as answers but I've owned one before and I didn't really like it. Im accepting all suggestions. Alienware by Dell are really good looking laptops...

13. What country do you live in?
The U.S.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
This laptop shouldn't be any more than $2,000 total (including tax, shipping, ect.) and I'd like it to have Windows 8 (Windows 7 works too).

Solution
I am also a laptop gamer and don't want the space and trap of a desktop. You never mention screen size. This has a lot to do with weight (2pounds+ add to a 15") but I prefer 17" since it doesn't move much and the screen size is way more playable at 1080p.
I would go with a couple of options with either GTX 770 or 765 GPU as they are quite powerful without crazy pricing like GTX 780 like $300+.
For games above I recommend the below as they can do anything you throw at them for 2-3 years easy.
Asus G750JW-DB71 $1350. Next has better GPU
or ASUS G750JX-DB71 $1750.
iBUYPOWER Valkyrie CZ-27 NE700x $1450.
Fangbook Evo HX7-100 $1450.
MSI laptop that compete has come heat problems but if you keep fans clean often then look at MSI GT series...

IRONBATMAN

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
^ I wouldn't recommend that

But with your budget , you can definitely get a Good Desktop to play those games . Furthermore , you can upgrade your desktop in future !

The first thing that came to my mind was Alienware. But if you're building your desktop , don't buy Alienware's. They overprice their desktops.

Dauktis

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013

Im not interested in desktops I need a laptop so i could take it on trips, to friends houses, ect

PCvillain

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
I am also a laptop gamer and don't want the space and trap of a desktop. You never mention screen size. This has a lot to do with weight (2pounds+ add to a 15") but I prefer 17" since it doesn't move much and the screen size is way more playable at 1080p.
I would go with a couple of options with either GTX 770 or 765 GPU as they are quite powerful without crazy pricing like GTX 780 like $300+.
For games above I recommend the below as they can do anything you throw at them for 2-3 years easy.
Asus G750JW-DB71 $1350. Next has better GPU
or ASUS G750JX-DB71 $1750.
iBUYPOWER Valkyrie CZ-27 NE700x $1450.
Fangbook Evo HX7-100 $1450.
MSI laptop that compete has come heat problems but if you keep fans clean often then look at MSI GT series. All good.

Solution