Looking for a gaming and music headphones for under $100

Darthenn

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
Hello

I'm looking for a headphones that may be used for gaming and listening to music. I do not need a built-in mic, I have an usb mic.

I have a Sonar DG sound card build in, that I attached like 2 years ago. I basically am looking for a headset that I can use for gaming and music. Focused more on basses. Closed-back because I have noises coming all around in my house.

I've been reading about Razer, Sennheiser, Sony, Creative, Audio Technica.

Which one might be the most popular with the highest quality? Looking for a price of $50-100 that is available worldwide (or in europe).

I'm not an audiophile of any sort, but I'm looking for a way to increase a quality of my sound.

To sum up the things: closed back, no mic, bass.
I know that razer provides quality for the headset and some people also do not agree for the good quality. I like the style of Sennheiser, which is just simple.

To add to that, I currently own Razer equipment. A mouse and a keyboard. Used them for a longer time, they are great.

Thanks in advance

Solution
depending on the sound stage of each headphone the DT770 sound stage is quite huge as compared to other closed back headphones. open backs are nice to play with ill recommend the DT880 its a semi open headphone. if you want a good sound stage and a tank build ill recommend the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2 its really really huge but the price is a lot more

HamsterKing

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
Razer has one of the worst quality. It isn't build to last. If you like Sennheiser then go for the Sennheiser. You can try the beyerdynamic DT770 32 or 80 ohms it's around 110 euro. Creative I'll suggest getting the auvana live 2. Audio Technica ath m40x, the m50x will be better. You usually use it at home or you will be bringing out

Darthenn

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014
I am only using at home. For outside I prefer earbuds. I've read that a lot of people recommend m40x and that it's better than the next model m50x. What are they compared to DT770?

HamsterKing

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
It's all about the bass xD. Dt770 is a more V shaped sounding headphone which is more bass and highs. The ath m50 is emphasize more on bass but it's not V shaped mids can be heard quite properly. But I hate the m50 earcups it heats up quite easily

Darthenn

Estimable
Mar 31, 2014

I read that m40x are not good for positioning pick up in games and that it's better off with open-back headphones for gaming. What about any model of superlux?

HamsterKing

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
depending on the sound stage of each headphone the DT770 sound stage is quite huge as compared to other closed back headphones. open backs are nice to play with ill recommend the DT880 its a semi open headphone. if you want a good sound stage and a tank build ill recommend the Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2 its really really huge but the price is a lot more

Solution