Looking for a Gaming laptop! Suggestions wanted, and sought!

Jaegur

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
1. What is your budget? ~1500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17 inch

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Will be used for Gaming, not to replace my desktop.

5. How much battery life do you need? 4 hours?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? High

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Writing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 1TB at least

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in? US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Shadowcalen1

Estimable
Apr 21, 2015
I wont give you a specific answer, as deals varry by location. What you would be looking for is a 4-6th gen I7, with anything but a u designation. For graphics card a 970m though if your lucky you may be able to score a 980m. Ram would be a minimum of 8GB and that is all you realy need (most laptops allow easy upgrade to 16GB, and a 8GB stick costs aroun 40$). Likewise, fair few laptops allow for a additionalSSD expantion, if the laptop has that, and it is easy to get to, you can add in a 250GB 850evo for 100$, or a much smaller SSd for less if you only want a boot drive.
I would look at sager, msi, and asuse for laptop brands, as I find they have more reasonable price to preformance ratios.