Looking for a gaming laptop

Kend66

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Anything
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop Replacemnt, (with good battery life)
5. How much battery life do you need?
3-4hours depending on what I can get
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, I want the laptop to be able to play games such as far cry 3 and bf4 on medium graphics if not high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Photo/Video Editing, working on websites, coding, College Work, high end tasks.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As much as i can get for the price, no more then 2 terabytes.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any kind of laptop will do besides Toshiba or Acer
10. How long do you want your laptop to last?
At least 3 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray Rom, whatever.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like all brands besides acer and toshiba.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I will be using this computer for high end processing such as 3d rendering, video rendering, gaming , and low end work such as college work, scripting and typing out stuff.
Would like it to have a nice keyboard and i do not care about the mousepad, as i will buy a nice mouse. (I hate mouse pads) I need it to also have a very nice screen,
with good resolution and as minimal glare as possible. Would like to run sli (with 2 2g graphics cards if possible)
I would like it to be able to stream videos online such as twitch tv, use it for other various assortments, (e.g watching movies online, etc etc).
If any of you guy's have ideas that are over $2000, or under $2000, shoot them at me still, I am looking for a good computer, but the cheaper, the better, as always :) .
Thank you for looking and helping :)

Kend66

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Do you know of any way to tell how much battery life they get by any chance? And keep sending more if you find them, please! I 'm up to looking at all and any of them! I want a keeper ! lol

Kend66

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I am really wanting to be able to take this thing around a little bit, game with friends, dj party's, etc , etc, (too) . And I am looking at finding a good website (currently have tried xoticpc.com, and a couple others) to build a msi laptop, simply because of the amount of monitors it can power) and all the other good specs like its good keyboard, speakers, etc etc, what is your advice on this?

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
The MSI seems to have a good keyboard, speakers, etc. And I recommend if you really want to game at parties and friends places to just get you a carrying bag and bring your charger, game till you are running low on power and go plug in and keep gaming from wherever a plug is until you are fully charged and mobile again. Keep in mind that although it is a laptop that it will run better while plugged in so if you can have it plugged in at these parties and such I would do so, and there are outlets everywhere so it shouldn't be a problem but the MSI I have linked on Newegg seems like a really good choice for your needs

Kend66

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I really like everything about that one, the style the features the ... everything.. But i have a couple questions regarding the "intregrated speakers, mic, and cam" I really don't care what the mic sounds like i will be buying a good mouse and mic, but the speakers are integrated, do you think they are still going to sound okay? And also is there another model i could get 32gb of ram with? I do not want to have to upgrade this thing for a while, and i am saving up alot of money for it, because I will be going into proffessional photography/videoing of old hotrods on my website. I also might looking into upgrading the wifi. I have no clue what the difference between 802.11 bla bla bla and killer network and all that stuff is, could anyone inform me? And thank you so much for helping me , also i do not care if it is a day or 3 or 4 months by the time i buy this because i want to make the right decision on it. I love the graphics card on that one and the styling of it though.

patrick47018

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Alright no laptop speaker will match a decent external speaker set, 802.11ac is the newest and hardly used 802.11n is the new standard. Killer networking is the brand of wireless adapter and are known for quality. You would never need 32GB of RAM, it is a ridiculous amount, most people never need more than 8GB. And if you are going to do editing go ahead and get one with the 780M and an SSD as they will help out with the speed of editing. Integrated cam is fine probably 720P if I'm not mistaken and yeah I recommend the Logitech G500 as a gaming mouse: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/logitech-gaming-mouse-g500-laser-usb-10-x-button-black-silver/211822306.html?listingId=225442576 . And if you are looking for a set of speakers to have at the desk you will be using it most often I recommend these: http://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Subwoofer-Satellite-CA-3602a/dp/B0027VT6V4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384231128&sr=8-1&keywords=computer+speakers

mmike99

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
hi, for the fangbook, is the cpu upgradeable in it. i know u can upgrade hard drives and ram. my pc is upgradeable to an i7 from its current i3. when i say upgreadeable, in two years when intel comes out with a better one....will it fit on that board-logically id say yes-but would like other feedback.