looking for a "gaming" laptop

Mrkite

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014
Hey guys I've been looking for a decent "gaming" laptop with a budget of $1200 to $1300. I'm putting gaming in quotes because it seems like all the research I do everyone always says how laptops cannot perform well for gaming compared to a PC. Only reason I'm looking for a laptop is strictly portability, I understand that battery life will suck but its more so about taking it in any room. I'm looking to be able to run most new games on high if not medium settings. I've come here asking because I'm looking and looking and I'm torn by reviews so I'd rather ask someone who maybe actually owns a decent laptop used for gaming with no complaints. Thanks.

Also, this is the PC build that I created, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fZZ6xr, for the price I don't think its bad compared to the amount spent for a laptop, like I said the option of portability is killing me.

Mrkite

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014

See a lot of the reviews on that laptop not just on that site seem to be negative, do you personally own it and if so how has it been for you? Thanks

Mrkite

Estimable
Oct 14, 2014
Isn't that the truth, my biggest problem too is that I have to go off of the reviews seeing as how I dont have any stores near me with a large selection of gaming laptops to try out before I buy.