Looking for a Good Gaming Laptop That Has These Specs

maggardo

Estimable
May 18, 2014
What are some great gaming laptops, with atleast 12GB ram, 4GB GDDR5 VRam, a 1TB HDD, a small SSD, and is in the price range of $1100, to $1500?

abletudu

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Personally, IMO nothing beats a desktop for games because you have the advantage of being able to upgrade it if you want. Usually you can't upgrade a laptop and you are restricted to what you can put in it due to its size.

One thing to keep in mind with XoticPC is the non-brand name laptops like Sager, Force and Phantom do not come standard with a Windows OS. Therefore, unless you have an OEM / Retail disc of Windows you will need to select on OS which increases the price by $105 or more.

There are no such worries for name brand laptops like Asus and Lenovo. They will come with Windows 8.1 or 10.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Your still paying for the OS. The OS is installed in the factory by Asus. It costs 144 to upgrade Asus to Windows Pro. They also charge 15 remove Bloatware and 35 to boost the OS called Redline boost. If you select Sager it's install at XoticPC without Bloatware.

It is not necessary to select an OS for the Asus because as you said the OS is already installed by Asus and is included in the price. Sure, you need to pay $144 if you want Windows Pro, but it that is optional.

By default the Sager does not include the OS in the price. In order to have Windows installed you would need to scroll down to the operating system section and select an OS to install which will then increases the price. It is great for people who already have a retail Windows OS that is not already installed on another PC or laptop. Or for people who only want to install Linux.

Bloatware is a separate issue. "Redline Boost" is an option that you need to pay for regardless of the laptop.

Take for example the following Sager NP7255 which sells for a regular price of $919 (or $891.43 if paying with cash like a wire transfer; 3% discount). That price does not include a Windows OS; only a disc with drivers is provided. If I wanted Windows installed I would need to scroll down to the Operating System section and select it. It costs $80 for Windows 10 Home / $105 for Windows 10 Home + Recovery Disk (which you can make yourself). Selecting just the Windows 10 Home brings the regular price up to $999.

Right above the Operating System section is the option for "Redline Boost". It costs $55 for that option on top of the cost of the OS. Selecting this option brings the regular price up to $1,054.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7255-clevo-n155rd-p-8671.html?wconfigure=yes

Personally, I would not pay $15 to remove bloatware since that is something I can do myself.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
Yes that is fine if you want crapware and the default. One of the advantages of Xoticpc over Newegg and Tiger Direct is you can configure the system the way you want it (not just the OS).

Looking at that system the default is Windows 8.1 and 103 to upgrade to WIndows 10. If you do it yourself it's free.

As I stated, people can uninstall the bloatware.

But to get back to my original post, not all laptops sold by XoticPC will have Windows already installed. Brand name laptops will, but less known brands will not have Windows pre-installed. Therefore, people simply need to be aware that if they buy a laptop like Sager or Force, they need to select a Windows OS to be installed which will increase the price of the laptop. Unless of course they do not want Windows to be installed.