Looking for a laptop for game development like unity and maya and for gaming

shad0wth3if

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
1. What is your budget? $1,000- $1,500

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
anything 13" and bigger

3. What screen resolution do you want?
highest possible

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
any. Needs to last a few hours of travel time, then will be plugged in.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes, i would like to play games like farcry 3, skyrim, tomb raider, ect. of med to high graphical settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
so im using this laptop for a game development college that uses unity, maya, and zbrush and i want to be able to create and render things quickly and easily.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
no less than 500GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years at least

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
basic DVD just to install software

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
no preference

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
if high settings on games is not possible then i can fluxuate but would still need to be able to run them

shad0wth3if

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

thank you so much ill check it out. the battery life if not a large issue cause i would be able to frequently charge it. any other sugestions are much appreciated and thankyou ill take a look at it

shad0wth3if

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
thank you, i think i was going to go for 16 G memory rather than the standard 8. but im still unsure now between the msi of the ideapad. the ideapad has a better graphics card but mostly everything else seems the same. what are the differences. and as for battery life i would like to have it go for about 2-3 hours of gaming. if possible

LummusMaximus

Honorable
No such laptop is in existence. The Lenovo will make 30 min gaming if you're lucky, and the MSI will make about an hour, an hour thirty. The battery life figures I gave you are for the far less demanding tasks like web surfing and word processing.

shad0wth3if

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014

aww okay, wonderful to know. and i really appreciate it. i also think ill be going for the msi. thankyou very much for your knowledge and patience

LummusMaximus

Honorable

What's the point of remembering every little thing I can and not sharing? Don't worry, mate, I'm here to help.