Looking for a laptop.. no budget problem

jadelith

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
1. What is your budget?
Budget isn't really a problem.. If I find something I like I'll pay up
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I like bigger screens : ) In fact I hate small screens. 17'' ? dunno
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Don't really care. Doesn't need to be 1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
yeah this is the real problem. I play games casually, but I'll actually use the laptop for huge spreadsheets, watching movies (would be cool if I could connect it to my tv as well :) ), etc. I'm using a desktop right now but if I buy an expensive laptop, I'll just have the laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
not much. don't really care about battery life I guess
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
games would be cool. I don't care about graphics, I generally care about the storyline when I play games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
look at #4. bit of gaming, movies, excel..
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I can buy a storage device, so I don't really care about HDD capacity. my current desktop has 300gigs of capacity and I never had problems. SSD would be nice :)))
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
none
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as possible? I don't really know what to say to this question :p
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
cheapest. I don't even use CD's anymore, but a DVD ROM could be necessary I guess
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
none
13. What country do you live in?
Turkey.. but I have relatives in the UK and the USA so I can order from anywhere
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
so I'm looking for a very good CPU, very good RAM, around 17'' screen, a low-mid graphics card (don't want the thing to be *too* heavy), and an SSD if possible.. I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm clueless about laptops so maybe this is possible? :p
I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.

Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?
don't really care about these

thanks!

IsabellaWinTeam

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Hi there,

You should check out the Sony VAIO F. It has an i7 processor and 4 GB of RAM. It also has NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M graphics and the 16.4" theatre-inspired display is great for watching movies on. What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team