Looking for a laptop to replace a gaming desktop.

BlakkJezus

Commendable
Mar 2, 2016
1. What is your budget?
None exhistant for this. If it'll let me run every game on top settings I'll pay up.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Larger than 15" if possible. Then again, it'll spend most of it's time connected to a TV.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Highest quality possible, but also needs highest quality output ports as well.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A mix is preferable since i travel for work. But, I'll lug around a heavy laptop if it does what I want.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Doesn't really matter. Long life would be nice for the layovers, but not a deal breaker.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
HELL YES. MAJOR KEY ALERT. Elderscrolls games, Witcher, Just Cause, Dead Souls. Really i play everything that strikes me. HIGHEST SETTINGS FOR ANYTHING I THROW AT IT is what i want.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Photoshop, Maya, Word, Excel, Chrome(with many tabs), Kodi Player, VLC. If you can do it with a computer, i'll probably be doing it.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Most storage with highest performance. I'm tired of the slow data movement i usually get on my current laptop.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
MSI, Alieanware, Sager, Asus.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible with the ability to upgrade components as needed.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
IT needs to be pretty decent for the game isntalls that will happen. Mid to high range i suppose. But, i won't be watching any disc's for movies or playing CD's for music.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've had good experience with Asus. But, MSI and Sager have caught my eye recently. Any dell i've had has crashed (i know dell owns alienware, but alien is an option), hate HP, hate lenovo. Not sure what samsung has out, but fairly certain they won't have what i want. MSI used to have a laptop customizer that i really liked, but alas i cannot find it.

13. What country do you live in?
From USA, currently living in UK. but, i move a lot for work.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I need a laptop that can run (ideally) any game i throw at it at top visual settings (ex. Witcher 3, Far Cry Primal, Rainbow Six.) But, i also need it to run several programs at once with no lag as when i work i can have a lot open at once.

Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?

I travel enough that i could probably find support anywhere that i am.

thanks!

SkyEvil

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Solution