Looking for a (mobile (gaming?) laptop under $600

XxAkenoxX

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
1. What is your budget?
Less than or equal to $600

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 inches would be ideal.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080 (HD) preferred but would very consider anything else

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable and mobile!!

5. How much battery life do you need?
long lasting for college classes

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Only (casual?) games like Minecraft, Sims 3, Left for Dead 2. It would be great to run the games very smoothly like 60fps?

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Little bit of photoshop.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
preferred 750-1tb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
none

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
a couple of years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
none

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Also, this laptop is for my girlfriend if that information is important. The main important reason is that her current laptop is about 4 years old and she definitely needs an upgrade.

Solution
Your budget really isn't very big. If you can wait, take Pyree's suggestion and wait for Kaveri. But if it's URGENT and you need it NOW, here's a decent system: good GPU, best mobile AMD CPU (i think), 8GB memory and 1TB hdd. Memory and hard drive aren't as important as CPU and GPU when shopping, as the hard drive and memory are easily upgradeable. CPU is very difficult to upgrade, as you'd have to take off the entire rear panel and the fans, and the GPU just cannot be upgraded. It simply cannot be done. This laptop I'm recommending, though, is pretty much the best you'll find for your budget.

UPDATE:
Oops, forgot the link...

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Your budget really isn't very big. If you can wait, take Pyree's suggestion and wait for Kaveri. But if it's URGENT and you need it NOW, here's a decent system: good GPU, best mobile AMD CPU (i think), 8GB memory and 1TB hdd. Memory and hard drive aren't as important as CPU and GPU when shopping, as the hard drive and memory are easily upgradeable. CPU is very difficult to upgrade, as you'd have to take off the entire rear panel and the fans, and the GPU just cannot be upgraded. It simply cannot be done. This laptop I'm recommending, though, is pretty much the best you'll find for your budget.

UPDATE:
Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314240&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=5257136&SID=ShopAMD

Have fun!

Solution

XxAkenoxX

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Looks like a good laptop, LummusMaximus!
The problem with that laptop is that it doesn't have a DVD drive (I think). That's very weird for me because I thought all laptops have dvd drives so we can watch movies together haha
Anyways, it'll be great if there was a laptop with the same specs but with a dvd drive :)

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Well, perfect but for the DVD drive is a big problem, eh? Worry not, for ~30 dollars, you can pick up a USB disc drive.

Not all laptops have DVD drive, some are too small to support it, some are just too thin, and others have budget constraints (this is in the budget constraints section).

XxAkenoxX

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Haha I figured!

Sorry for all these questions but I have one more. I found a "lower" version of the laptop you posted.
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/acer-v5-552-8677-nb-amd-a10-5757m/prod11830415.ip?navAction=
*I'm showing you this one because I have a discount at Sams Club

Can this laptop too run games like Left For Dead, and The Sims 3 smoothly?