Looking for a nice laptop around 900$

slayem

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Hello, I am looking for a laptop for my mom. Her budget is around 7-900$ I would like to see her get something with specs around these.

Windows vista, Or windows 7
~2-4 gigs of memory, perhaps ddr3
A decent cpu
Maybe a dvd burner
Hd capable (HDMI port pref)
Medium sized HDD

1_What is your budget? 7-900

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
The largest i can get for the money

3_What screen resolution
Preferably 1650x1080 or higher

5_How much battery life do you need?

At least a few hours, i am realy out of touch when it comes to laptops, I do not know what type of up time the current bats are supplying.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Most likely not, but if i can find a laptop with decent power, that may change.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

Mainly we want something that can do these tasks:photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies/Also would like it to be HD capable if that is reasonable in this price range.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Since it will be for photo and vid editing, I would need a decent harddrive, maybe 300gbs +?

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? Atleast 2-3 years?

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
She seems to want a white laptop, but that is at the bottom of the list.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Well i have heard good things about Sony vio's and acer laptops, I am open to anything

13_What country do you live in? USA

Thank you, Matt.