Looking for a very specific laptop for son PLEASE HELP

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
Hey guys, I'm looking for a VERY specific laptop combination for under 600 bucks, but I haven't quite come across it yet. I want:
-Dual Core Proc 2.0GHZ+
-4Gb+ Ram
-HD3200
-Dual Layer Burner

If you guys have any idea where I can find this laptop, PLEASE link me, I want to buy it for my son for Christmas, but I just can't find it anywhere.

claytonian

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2007
He actually wants to use it for college, but I know hes a pretty big gamer (builds his own desktops and such) and I've been reading up and the HD3200 seems like the best laptop IGP. I went to bestbuy earlier and looked at the asus g60vk, I really wish I could get that for him, but it's just too pricey. It had the gtx260m in it and it was 999. Maybe if you guys could find me one with an 8800m in it? I want him to be able to play some games with it, as hell be away from home and he can't take the Xbox :p He likes games like fallout 3 and oblivion, and I know he'll have to compromise on the resolutions and settings, but I'm sure he'd be up for it as long as he can play them. My budget is 600.. maybe 650, depending on the deal.

trumanator

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Acer Aspire AS7736Z-4809 Laptop - was just announced on sale at Staples for $479 - I'm still using my old Acer 2010 so I'm interested - just need a tech kinda review for best bang for the buck? - Regards and Merry Christimas - TTL