Looking for a video editing/gaming laptop

thanMan102

Commendable
Sep 28, 2016
1. What is your budget?
Would prefer to stick to around $1000 but can go a little higher

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15'' would be best

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p-4k

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Kind of portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
Whatever

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Lord of the Rings Online, Minecraft, Battlefield 4 - would be cool to run on high settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo and video editing - Adobe CC programs: Premiere, photoshop, lightroom, aftereffects, etc...

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As much as I can get because video and photos take up a lot but I plan to start backing it all up on external drives. 500gb-1000gb would be great. SSD or HDD - either way

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as I can - so its gotta be a tough little guy. (I Work for a non-profit so I don't get much income to buy new things)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Being able to write to DVDs would be great.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13. What country do you live in?
United States

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
16gb ram would be nice as opposed to 8gb

My primary use for this would be photo/video editing but i also enjoy some good gaming on occasion and graphics are kind of important.

my current HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-n023cl does not cut it.

Arkstar

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
Asus ROGGL552($900) or HP Pavillion 15 Gaming Laptop($900). I wouldn't but anything from Alienware because it's overpriced. If you don't like my choices look mainly for a nice i7, and a decent graphics card (900 series most likely).