Looking for an affordable gaming laptop

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for a good laptop for gaming n watching movies preferrably 15inch with a nice design and also I would rule out ultrabooks and I have come across laptops which over heat quickly so my budget is 50,000(Indian currency) so please suggest me one as I'm totally confused!

Robert Pankiw

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hey adelounge. Do you know where you will be buying your laptop? Any specific website or brick and mortar store?

According to Google, 50000 rupes is about 1000 USD. Does this include shipping and taxes?

When looking for an affordable laptop (of course market matters, as that dictates prices, so what is a good deal in Canada is potentially a bad deal in India) things you will want to consider are:
Screen resolution and panel type (Recommend something such as IPS or PLS, TN panels are only for super budget computers, and have no place in a $1000 laptop)
Storage (HDD or SSD)
Connections available (Is thunderbolt a must? Maybe you want excellent wireless?)
Processor Company (An AMD APU or Intel CPU)
Discrete graphics (Totally depends on how prices work in India, for $1000 here, a discrete GPU is a must)

Other important things:
Will you like the keyboard? - Huge plus for brick and mortar, as you can try the keyboard before you buy the laptop
Will you need a high quality, integrated webcam?

If you have a website you want to buy from, please list it.

Looking at HP and Dell India, it seems prices are higher than in N. America. To be clear, $1000 dollars doesn't seem to be the sweet spot, for a bit more money you get a lot more performance, at least from my personal experience. (It seems most sub $1000 PCs come with TN panels, the kind I do not recommend).

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Hello Robert
I will not be purchasing the laptop online so I don't not know of any such website so I was thinking may be u could help me with the laptop and also I would like to add that the processor should be atleast i5 with HDD hard disk and a didicated graphic of atleast 1GB so could u line me up some good laptops with a good looking design!

warhead0

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
I'll be quite honest, $1,000 USD isn't going to get a very good 'gaming' laptop.

Infact you would be very hard to find a decent gaming laptop in general.
They are not very future proof and tend to lack the power most modern games need to run at high/maximum settings.

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

hello warhead,
So how much do u suggest I increase my budget to for a decent gaming laptop n also suggestions about particular laptops would be much appreciated!

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
check out the lenovo ideapad y series, the y400/500 has a GREAT design and hardware, low battery life though, the y580 the same but not a great design wise, kinda bland. the base model (i recommend it) on the y400 is $800 USD less than $50k rupees, kinda close though, and i'm looking at the US models, you might have different selections.

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hey attk mast3r thank you so much I think I finally found what I was looking for the price is below 50 ks and its just perfect!

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Hey attk mast3r thank you so much I think I finally found what I was looking for the price is below 50 ks and its just perfect!

adelounge

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013