Looking for an optimal 17 inch gaming laptop

MrYo531

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
I'm just going to make my case real clear and simple. I'm looking for a 17 in gaming laptop with a budget range of $800 - $1300. Oh and it has to be manufactured in this year. The thing I care about most is the build quality because I can easily search how well the performance is but it's a bit tougher knowing how the laptop will feel in person overall. If you recently bought and own a 17 inch gaming laptop within my price range, pleease reply with your thorough opinion on it so I can see what the laptop is like. Thanks.:)

I also care about things like the keyboard, trackpad, ports, screen quality, etc. So keep that in mind if you have any recommendations. I do have some specs in mind so here they are.

These are my preferences: (and please try to stick to them as I've made them based on my research)

• CPU: Has to have Intel 6th Gen.
    GPU: Has to have Nvidia GeForce GTX 950m or 960m. Amount of VRAM doesn't matter to me.
    RAM: At least 8GB of any speed (I'd enjoy 16gb too though).
    Storage: At least 1TB HDD any rpm or 256 SSD or any sort of combination with the two types.
    Screen: Obviously 17 in and it should have 1920 x 1080 resolution. I'd like IPS but I'm chill with TN. Should have pretty good brightness.
    Battery: The life should be at least close to average for a gaming laptop so like 3 1/2 hours or more.
Anything else I'm open with. It would be even better if there are a wide array of upgrade options. If you have the time and would like to help me out with some recommendations, I'd really appreciate it as I've been looking for a great 17 in laptop for the past 2 months or so. Thanks to anyone reading as well. Have a nice rest of the day.:D

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016

And more expensive

Samer1970

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014

not really ...

The GTX 1060M will be faster than GTX 970M .. and will be cheaper than notebooks with 970M !!!

and so on ...

MrYo531

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks Dexxterlab for the suggestions. The first one with the 970m is really out of my need as I won't be playing extremely demanding games. Still very nic specs for the price so I will do some research on it's overall build quality. I've had my eye on GL752VW and so you mentioning it inclines me more to buy it.

I totally forgot about that Samer but like Dex said, it will be more expensive. I will still wait and depending on the price gap I might buy one with them but I doubt it.

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016

you could wait for 10x nvidia. getting new product vs getting one has been bought many times and reviewed and getting better support when comes to problems. you choose

Samer1970

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014

No it wont be expensive ,

There are 3 categories of gaming notebooks

Low , Mid , and High end ..

The Mid come with GTX X50m and GTX X60m (x=8,9,10, etc gen number)

The High end are GTX X70m and GTX X80m

The Midrange notebook even at new will never be the same of high end ...

you will still find GTX 1060m NEW starting from $899

now given the new GTX generation is alot faster than the older one , this will Give you More than GTX 970m speed at the price of GTX 960m notebooks .

look at the cards GTX 1060 ! its faster than GTX 970 , and Near GTX 980 !!

EVEN NEW , they released it for $250 and $300 .. While the GTX 970 slower is even more expensive ! and was released $450

add to it , the new 1060M will be faster than GTX 970M and will use less power on the top ! giving the notebook better temps and better battery life.

Wait it is better for you .

MrYo531

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

Alright then. Looks like the 1060M will be great so I will wait for it. Thx