Looking for an ultra portable laptop

Apr 30, 2018
Hello everyone :wahoo:

I want to buy a new laptop (ultrabook) but i can't decide which one, maybe you can give me some recommendations or adivces. Next I will fill the form to give you more information about what I am looking for:

1. What is your budget? Let's say max. 1500€

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? I am looking for a 13-14'' laptop

3. What screen resolution do you want? FHD or QHD

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? I already have a good desktop computer, so I am looking for a portable laptop

5. How much battery life do you need? I think that around 8 real hours of web surfing would be great

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No, not really. Maybe some casual game like hearthstone.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Nothing really specific... Web surfing, watching movies, programming...

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I guess that 256GB would be okay

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I am not considering any specific site.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? I don't need optical drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I don't have specific preference for any brand

13. What country do you live in? Spain

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Basically I am looking for a light laptop to carry on during trips. I would like a laptop nicely built and if possible with a nice design. I have been checking the Dell xps 13 and it looks really nice, but I am not sure about it because it doesn't provide any USB-A port, I have read complains about the surface of the keyboard (it looks like it gets dirty)...
I would like a quiet laptop too. I understand that all laptops make noise when the CPU is under high load but I wouldn't like that the laptop is noisy when just web surfing or watching a movie.

Thank you so much for your help.