Solved! Looking for Audiophile wireless gaming headphone

Apr 10, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
hello, i play alot of games on the PC and i watch movies, i have been using really good sennheiser headphone for the past 8years but I'm ready to change them. One thing i noticed is that I'm tired the wire.. so now my question is, can someone show me an audiophile quality headphone that are wireless for PC ? i know i will lose some quality on the sound but their must be some good wireless headphone now adays?

i have a budget of under 500$

thank you!!

Solution
D
Open backs do leak sound. If someone is sitting there in a quiet room reading a book they'd be able to hear what you were doing. If they were watching TV or something though they wouldn't be bothered by you. You could get the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT 177X Go. They improved the 1770 Pro by taking the highs down to a level that's not piercingly bright and reducing the crazy bass. It's going to retain most of the imaging of the 1990 Pro and it's closed back. It's 32ohm and also designed for portable use so an amp isn't really necessary.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-beyerdynamic-dt177x-go-headphones
Apr 10, 2020
Hello, I'm on the quest of finding the right audiophile headphone for mainly desktop PC gaming but i would like them to also be good for movies and music.
I have a budget of around 500$ or so, i wouldn't mind waiting and spending more if that's what is required.
I will also be looking for a good amp that can have a microphone plugged in (I will have a different budget for this, the 500$ is really just for the headphone)
I would like them to have a detachable cable,
I also think i would prefer closed back but I'm opened to open-back if the leakage isn't so terrible (I personaly never had open-back and i just wonder how loud it can get for other people in my house)
Games i mostly play, star wars battlefront 2, paladins, overwatch, diablo 3, the witcher 3, heroes of the storm, counter strike.

so far, after doing hours of research, i have been looking at beyerdynamic DT 1770, DT 1990 or audio technica ath-msr7b, i hear good things about them but i have no idea if they would be good for my needs!
I'm open for suggestion, i would look any models you guys throw at me,

thanks alot, I can't wait to have really audio, i have been playing with ''gaming headset'' for the past 20years, I want headphone with great audio!

D

Deleted member 217926

AKG K712 Pro - Comfort and soundstage. Precise imaging.

DT 1990 Pro - Less of a soundstage but the best imaging under $1000. More clamp force and less comfortable but can be bent a bit to break them in. Come with 2 sets of pads that change the sound signature quite a bit.

Both need an amp.

The 1770 Pro is more V shaped and suffers from the Beyerdynamic 'hot' treble along with boosted bass. The 1990 Pro is almost perfectly neutral.

For music it's close but the 1990 Pro wins for me. For gaming it's also close but the K712 Pro wins. But I can use either one for either thing and be happy.

D

Deleted member 217926

Nothing wrong with the Schiit stack but those Audio Technicas are only 36ohm and are designed for portable use with a phone. You don't need an amp and they aren't really going to benefit from one. They're also closed back and not what I'd pick for gaming.

Apr 10, 2020
I have never used open back headphone, I'm affraid bothering who ever is in the same room as me, but if there's a pair of headphone for gaming that's open back and doesn't leak too much sound, I'm all open

D

Deleted member 217926

Open backs do leak sound. If someone is sitting there in a quiet room reading a book they'd be able to hear what you were doing. If they were watching TV or something though they wouldn't be bothered by you. You could get the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic DT 177X Go. They improved the 1770 Pro by taking the highs down to a level that's not piercingly bright and reducing the crazy bass. It's going to retain most of the imaging of the 1990 Pro and it's closed back. It's 32ohm and also designed for portable use so an amp isn't really necessary.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-beyerdynamic-dt177x-go-headphones

Solution