Looking for Haswell w/ discrete graphics and touchscreen

kamiyo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
1. What is your budget?
My budget is around 1100 USD

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I would prefer a 14", but a 15.6" is fine as well

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 minimum for the 14", 1080p for the 15.6"

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'm leaning towards portable.

5. How much battery life do you need?
Considering that I'm looking for a Haswell, 5 hours minimum should be good.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
LoL, Minecraft, L4D2, CS:S, Civ 5, and several others. Basically, games that aren't to graphically intensive. I'd be satisfied with Medium quality.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
It'll primarily be used for school work with occasional gaming.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'd say a minimum of 250GB. I would like an SSD, but that's realistically out of my budget. 500GB would be nice.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No preference.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least a few years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
No preference.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference.

13. What country do you live in?
I live in the US.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Many of the computers I've been looking at are the new lineup of ultrabooks. Examples would be the Sony Vaio Pro and the Acer Aspire S7. I realize that these examples are not within my listed budget, but the budget I listed is just to give a general idea. I also found the Gigabyte P34G, which I liked, aside from the lack of a touchscreen, but I could not find a place that sells it. There is also the IdeaPad Y410p, but that lacks a touchscreen as well.

As I will be using this primarily for school, I'd prefer this laptop be relatively thin. It doesn't have to be ultrabook thin (though that would be nice), but it needs to be reasonable. I'd also like for it to be normal shaped, and nothing with unique curves.

To put it into simple terms for what I'm looking for, I want:
- Haswell (i5 or i7 does not matter)
- 14" display (15.6" ok)
- Touch screen
- Discrete graphics

The other specs don't make too much of a difference to me.

kamiyo

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
That was one of the options I considered, however if I were to go with that it would be the IdeaPad Y410p because it is a 14" screen. Unfortunately, the devices lack a touchscreen, which is one of the key criteria I was searching for.