Looking for internet options for streaming PlayStation Vue

JokeBat

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Hi, I am considering expanding my cord-cutting approach from OTA to internet streaming cable service. Now I had PlayStation Vue before, however, my method I used for internet was via my mobile phone's hotspot (horrible option I know) as no Fiber Optic service was available (still not available) in VA. So after a few months of sticking with over-the-air-only, I decided to browse through Comcast's internet options. As of now, my state is not among those that feature the newly-released 1TB data usage limit but instead an unenforced 250GB. Below are some of the internet-solo plans from Comcast:

1) Performance Internet 25mps ----$39.99/12 months (plus taxes, fees, and price jack once promo rate expires)
2) Performance Pro 75mps ----$79.95
3) Blast! 150mps---$82.95

My internet needs are simply for the following (including streaming PlayStation Vue)
1) Streaming Vue on up to two devices (PS4/Roku device)
2) Streaming Netflix on 2-3 devices
3) Basic internet browsing, YouTube watching, and minimal downloading

I perform zero online gaming by the way. Of course Comcast offers those double play bundles but that goes completely against my goal. AT&T U-Verse internet is unavailable at my location. Same goes for Cox, Charter, TWC. My only options are Comcast, Verizon DSL, and other DSL services which offer extremely slow speeds. I have no internet in returning to traditional cable. I wish Google Fiber or Verizon FiOS was at my location. Thank you.

Solution
Get the lowest tier and a good router (try to avoid their all-in-one units if you can) see how that runs. I have never seen an issue if you want to upgrade service even if in a contact, only if you want to cancel or downgrade. If you don't care about the newer AC wireless speeds, I got an Asus RT-N66U recently and have had good results with it with 3-4-5 streaming devices at once. I got mine used for $30 but it's usually about 40-50 used and about $90 new http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091&cm_re=RT-N66U-_-33-320-091-_-Product
Get the lowest tier and a good router (try to avoid their all-in-one units if you can) see how that runs. I have never seen an issue if you want to upgrade service even if in a contact, only if you want to cancel or downgrade. If you don't care about the newer AC wireless speeds, I got an Asus RT-N66U recently and have had good results with it with 3-4-5 streaming devices at once. I got mine used for $30 but it's usually about 40-50 used and about $90 new http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091&cm_re=RT-N66U-_-33-320-091-_-Product

Solution