Looking for Laptop or Desktop, $700-$800 budget.

Jakedel

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
1. What is your budget?

$800 for laptop max.$700 for desktop

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

At least 15inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?

At least 1360x768

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

No

5. How much battery life do you need?

doesn't matter

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Sims City, The sims 3, roller coaster tycoon, minecraft all on medium to high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

3D Modeling.I use 3Ds max 2010, milkshape3d, wings 3d.I don't make very complex models so, I don,t need a super computer. Video editing, Corel Studio Video, & Sony Vegas

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

300 and up

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Any. But preferably chain stores like best buy, office depot,etc. so that I can pick them up myself..
I also like to chat with the employee to work out deals ;) cant do that online.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

At least 3 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

DVD/CD Drive.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Do not want an Apple Mac

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I am looking to buy a new Desktop PC or laptop (preferably) for moderate gaming and 3d modeling.I used to have a HP dv6 3010us with an ATI Radeon 4250 video card.It handled what I was doing pretty well.So any thing close to or above that would be nice.My budget for PC is $700, not including monitor.Everything that applies to the laptop applies to the PC except price.
Thanks