Looking for laptop recommendations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

matutolas

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
so what is the final decision,if i dont have a buget issue, but i want a fast laptop with 13" or 14" dislplay which one should i get??

ironhell

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2002
Because, and I quote: "14.1" market isn't something [Killer Notebook] want to pursue."

If you decide to look into KillerNotebooks, I'd suggest you inquire about his "probability matrix on his server" and have him "come up with every conceivable future outcome [and] through statistical analysis [to determine if a] Killer
Notebooks a good fit for your situation."

silleeAnn

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
I'd advocate strongly the A8 or the V2 from ASUS.

I'd caution going to KN for the 14.1".

Dear all,

I just got an ASUS A8, though I don't play games, I design websites on it using macromedia programs, I have to say, this notebook runs so smoothly, sometimes I do wonder what's inside. (mind you, my daddy bought me the note book, I am clueless when it comes to specs, but I do know he bought 2G DRAM for me)

PS
I love my ASUS A8J
AND
my new slick KWorld Plus TV HD Hybrid Stick 330.

ldiamond

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2007
I'd wait another week or 2 before buying this laptop, Santa rosa came out May 9th, many company already have Santa rosa laptops but asus is a little behind. I suppose they should come out next week, or maybe they're waiting for Nvidia and their 8xxx series. So my guess is they'll be out by the 2nd week of june.

Centrino Pro:
Wireless N
64-bit CPUs (which I think isnt the case with T7200-T7600, not sure tho)
Flash memory (1Gb is about 50$)
Faster FSB (800MHz vs 667MHz)
Slightly longer battery life
DirectX 10 support
and more!