Looking for laptop under £600 for uni/some gaming

chickenft

Commendable
May 13, 2016
1. What is your budget?
~£600 best if below

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6''

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p or something slightly below is fine

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
a mix???

5. How much battery life do you need?
over 2 hours will be fine

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
skyrim at high, bioshock high perhaps, and some less intense games like minecraft/LoL at ultra

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
browsering internet, watching videos/movies, the odd light photoshop editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
1TB minimum, if possible a small ssd too, but im perfectly fine without one

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4 years at least

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Dvd rom/writer, but fine without one

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
any brand, please tell me if their customer service is good if you know :)

13. What country do you live in?
UK

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I don't particularly like silver laptops... but if thats the laptop with best fit for my needs then okay lol
It seems the best gpu i can get would be gtx940m which seems perfectly fine for me, so i guess as long as the laptop has this or an equivalent/similar gpu that would be nice

Solution
You won't find anything for gaming in your budget for that does not have compromises in quality and speed.

For low to medium gaming look for a laptop with a 960m video card, to get up to higher spec you would go up from that. Your budget is about the 940m range, which is OK for games on low settings and lower resolutions.
You won't find anything for gaming in your budget for that does not have compromises in quality and speed.

For low to medium gaming look for a laptop with a 960m video card, to get up to higher spec you would go up from that. Your budget is about the 940m range, which is OK for games on low settings and lower resolutions.

Solution

chickenft

Commendable
May 13, 2016

Hi thanks for the reply! Yeah ive looked at 940m and what it can run, and it seems perfect for me. Is there any laptop you would recommend? I'm not too bothered about quality of the laptop as long as it does the job