Looking for laptop (work, gaming, general use) under $1500

Leveland

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Since my last laptop finally goes to sleep, I'm looking for a new one, with my current budget is $1500.

I'm looking for a high-performance laptop for work, gaming, and general purposes. For work, the laptop should handle pretty heavy multitasks. For gaming, the laptop should be decent enough to run heavy games smoothly on medium/high quality (GTA V, Just Cause 3, Bioshock Infinite, and the like). For general, the laptop should have large enough storage (750 GB or above). Optical drive is preferred, but optional. My preferences are Intel Core i7 CPU, Nvidia/AMD GPU, Windows OS, weight is about 5 lbs, and size is about 14" - 15".

The ones I thought right now is HP Envy or HP Omen, but if there are other brands/models that are better performance-wise and meets the budget, I'll take it.

Thanks.

Solution
I recommend you take a look at the $1,199 Dell XPS 15. It has a quad core i5-6300HQ CPU, 15.6" 1080p screen, 1TB HDD, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 960m. It's "Infinity Display" (meaning thin bezel) allows this laptop to be about the same size as a 14" laptop and weighs in at 3.9lbs.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd

The difference between the Core i5 and Core i7 quad core CPUs is that the Core i5 lacks Hyper Threading (HT), but that is okay since games do not take advantage of HT.

I would buy that laptop for myself, but sadly the taxes I owe to Uncle Sam is over 2x more than the cost of the laptop. :(

** EDIT **

It does not have an optical drive.
I recommend you take a look at the $1,199 Dell XPS 15. It has a quad core i5-6300HQ CPU, 15.6" 1080p screen, 1TB HDD, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 960m. It's "Infinity Display" (meaning thin bezel) allows this laptop to be about the same size as a 14" laptop and weighs in at 3.9lbs.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd

The difference between the Core i5 and Core i7 quad core CPUs is that the Core i5 lacks Hyper Threading (HT), but that is okay since games do not take advantage of HT.

I would buy that laptop for myself, but sadly the taxes I owe to Uncle Sam is over 2x more than the cost of the laptop. :(

** EDIT **

It does not have an optical drive.

Solution