Looking for low budget gaming laptop

compDaniel

Honorable
May 15, 2013
I know 'low budget' and 'gaming' together kind of create a oxymoron, but hopefully I can get some help to find something..

I am looking for a laptop in the range of $500-$600 dollars, but I might go a little up from there if I have to. I need something that will allow me to play Call Of Duty mainly, but other games might arise. I am looking to get it fairly quick.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Daniel

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

The CPU isn't all that strong, but it should suffice for games pre 2009 on low to mid (excluding Crysis and those other monsters of games). I used to use an HP Pavilion DV6 (i5 420m with GT 210m) 2006 model, which should be some-what similar except the GPU is weaker than the 7670m. It could do Crysis (original) on low @ 30-50FPS (depending on which area/scene you were in), but played other things like Borderlands and Skyrim okay. (Medium for Skyrim, High for Borderlands while @ 50-60FPS). So this laptop suggested should run a little smoother, and possibly at slightly higher graphic details.

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
What do you need this for?

I ask because low budget gaming laptops don't exist, and gaming laptops aren't exactly that realistic.

If it's, for example, something for college, I would highly suggest getting a cheap laptop (I love my chromebook for this) that you can do in-class work on, and then building yourself an m-ATX or mini-ITX (read: quite portable) form factor desktop. You'll get more performance by far for less money, and not have to deal with the weight and heat of a gaming laptop.

PyjamasCat

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

The CPU isn't all that strong, but it should suffice for games pre 2009 on low to mid (excluding Crysis and those other monsters of games). I used to use an HP Pavilion DV6 (i5 420m with GT 210m) 2006 model, which should be some-what similar except the GPU is weaker than the 7670m. It could do Crysis (original) on low @ 30-50FPS (depending on which area/scene you were in), but played other things like Borderlands and Skyrim okay. (Medium for Skyrim, High for Borderlands while @ 50-60FPS). So this laptop suggested should run a little smoother, and possibly at slightly higher graphic details.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Laptop Tech Support 8
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 5
N Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2