Looking for smooth performance

Kuljeet3

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I m having lenevo ip-110, with amd graphics card and 4 gb ram, and gta 4 requires only 1.5 gb ram but gta 4 is hanging and working like a pause - play of a video, So can you help me?

Solution
The most powerful AMD APU in the Lenovo IdeaPad 110 is the A8-7410.

The A8-7410 is pretty weak. It is a bit less powerful than a 4th generation Intel Core i3 CPU. The R5 (Beema / Carrizo-L) graphics core is also pretty weak; the Intel HD 4000 found in 3rd generation Intel Core CPUs is a little more powerful than it. There is not much you can do about it except to try to play GTA 4 at the lowest possible settings.

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Your laptop is a commercial business laptop, not suited for gaming. The CPU, that being your AMD processor, has an onboard IGPU (Intergrated Graphic Processing Unit) that is not strong enough to play the game at its optimal settings, not even close. While it meets your RAM requirements, which is what it needs to physically stay open and manage, it also requires things like a powerful processor and a GPU with a moderate amount of VRAM. VRAM (Video Random Access Memory) is essentially RAM, but purely dedicated to graphical computation. Your regular RAM also dedicates a miniscule portion to Video processing, but nothing like the dedicated VRAM.

TL;DR: it's not powerful enough.

The most powerful AMD APU in the Lenovo IdeaPad 110 is the A8-7410.

The A8-7410 is pretty weak. It is a bit less powerful than a 4th generation Intel Core i3 CPU. The R5 (Beema / Carrizo-L) graphics core is also pretty weak; the Intel HD 4000 found in 3rd generation Intel Core CPUs is a little more powerful than it. There is not much you can do about it except to try to play GTA 4 at the lowest possible settings.

Solution

Atomicdonut17

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

The only way to run GTA at a smooth, consistent framerate is to either run it at the lowest settings and resolution possible, or get a computer meant for gaming. :)