Looking for solution to watch movies on my TV

pama27

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
I have a big fullHD TV in my new apartment, and a 128gb macbook air (on which I also have to install windows because I use Excel professionally and even the new mac version is a joke...) which is quite small to store fullHD movies. In my country there is no Netflix, Hulu etc. I also cannot connect them with a cable, it would cross the whole living room.
I was thinking about chrome cast, and I would somehow save some place on my laptop, but I think there would be some annoying lag.
Is it possible to buy some kind of wifi enabled hdd which I plug in to my TV so I would have no lag. I would like to be able to download videos directly to the wireless HDD with my laptop. Is it possible, or I need a separate computer for that? Or without a separate computer I have to download the videos to my laptop first and then copy it on the HDD?
Is it a good way to solve my issue? Or is there any cheaper/better way?
I am still a student so I cannot really spend a lot on it.
Thank you very much for your help in advance!
oh yes and my TV is not a smart TV, it has USB connection, but no ethernet. I used it in my previous apartment with and HDMI cable with a desktop PC as a second display.

bloomworld

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015
I have a big full HD TV in my new apartment, and a 128 GB mac-book air (on which I also have to install windows because I use Excel professionally and even the new mac version is a joke...) which is quite small to store full HD movies. In my country there is no Netflix, Hulu etc. I also cannot connect them with a cable, it would cross the whole living room. I was thinking about chrome cast, and I would somehow save some place on my laptop, but I think there would be some annoying lag. Is it possible to buy some kind of WiFi enabled HDD which I plug in to my TV so I would have no lag. I would like to be able to download videos directly to the wireless HDD with my laptop. Is it possible, or I need a separate computer for that? Or without a separate computer I have to download the videos to my laptop first and then copy it on the HDD? Is it a good way to solve my issue? Or is there any cheaper/better way? I am still a student so I cannot really spend a lot on it. Thank you very much for your help in advance! oh yes and my TV is not a smart TV, it has USB connection, but no Ethernet. I used it in my previous apartment with and HDMI cable with a desktop PC as a second display. ans: You can connect your laptop with the HDD and simply download the movies directly onto it from utorrent or any site you usually download and then connect your HDD with the TV to watch movies. Alternatively you can download movies on your phone and connect the same with your TV to watch movies. You have to check whether you can use your phone on the TV. Then this option will be good. "

pama27

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013

Thanks for your answer. I do not want to plug in and out my hdd all the time. I want to have a wifi enabled hdd plugged into my TV that I don't have to bother and download movies on my laptop deciretly to the HDD through wifi. So is it possible that i am only connected wirelessly to the HDD with my laptop and I download directly to it?