Looking for your next laptop? PCMag suggests MSI gaming notebook

Andrew Neil

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
When choosing a laptop, people usually look for different information before making their final purchase decision, such as brand awareness, online reviews, suggestions from friends and etc.. By doing so, users expect to decrease the possibility of regret or getting disappointed with the purchase and to receive higher product satisfaction. However, does it work? Are you satisfied with the laptop you are using now?

PCMag is an online media which provides reviews and previews of the latest hardware and software for the information technology professional. Wanting to know the result of all these efforts, PCMag regularly asks its readers to rate the companies they think make “the best product, provide the absolute pinnacle of tech support and customer service”. These companies are then given the “Readers’ Choice Award”. PCMag readers are asked their opinions in several criteria: satisfaction with reliability, satisfaction with technical support, satisfaction with repairs and likelihood to recommend. The result of Readers’ Choice Award 2016 was released recently.
The result might be shocked to some. However, those who own a notebook launched by the award winners shall not be surprised at all – because they are just all very satisfied with the product.

According to the survey, “…readers using MSI laptops gave the company some very Apple-like ratings: Overall satisfaction was 9.1 and satisfaction with reliability was 9.0. The likelihood recommend MSI was 8.7…If you're a gamer or simply looking for a powerful laptop for home, you owe it to yourself to check out MSI. Our readers gave the company very impressive satisfaction ratings for their MSI laptops.”

Source: PCMag, Feb. 9, 2016,

To dig further into the report, you shall find that MSI also receives honorable ratings for home use laptops, products that “most people have more involvement in purchases they make for personal use than in those made for business use”.

To dig further into the report, you shall find that MSI also receives honorable ratings for home use laptops, products that “most people have more involvement in purchases they make for personal use than in those made for business use”.

To conclude, MSI doesn’t let their fans down at all. For those who are not yet familiar with MSI notebooks, “you should definitely give MSI a look”.

*Source: Readers' Choice Awards 2016: Laptops and Desktop PCs, PCMag, Feb. 9, 2016, http://asia.pcmag.com/microsoft-surface-pro-3/10128/feature/readers-choice-awards-2016-laptops-and-desktop-pcs

promytius

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Just for your information, I spent two months trying to go from an ASUS MB to an MSI Gaming MB; I ultimately reinstalled the ASUS M5A97, after realizing the MSI had a video defect in the MB. It was, I believe, heat-related. W10 also is more robust at recovery than W7, so the MB fail was harder to pin down. The only issue with the ASUS was it does not like swapping components at all; so I rebuilt the system on it and changed nothing (but W10) and the failures disappeared, thereby identifying the MSI Gaming MB as the bad boy. This was not a laptop, it's a mini tower, so the construction may differ; I found the MSI 'support' to be casual and borderline interested, rather than helpful. Just one experience, don't base your choice on one voice; just sayin'. GL!