Looking to buy laptop or crossover for husband

Samantha Scott

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
1. What is your budget? $600ish

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? something larger, he has been going on and on about the new ultrabook tablet/laptop thing, but i don't think that will actually suit his needs because he has big man hands.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
standard

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
we have a laptop already, this is supplemental

5. How much battery life do you need?
the longer the better. i can stay plugged in forever but he likes to get up and carry it around...

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No, maybe candy crush but nothing hi tech..

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) standard operating procedures

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? not a ton, just enough RAM to run quickly

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Walmart seems to have some pretty decently priced computers, but I'm not opposed to shopping somewhere else that has accountability.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as it will have me?

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've only ever owned an HP and a Gateway. I'd love to play with a Mac, but they are generally so expensive!

13. What country do you live in?
America

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

It needs to have a backlit keyboard and I'd prefer it to come equipped with Windows 8 and Microsoft Office.

purplecrayon

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
As an owner of an Asus laptop, I'm inclined to point you in that direction. I would advise you not to shop at Walmart, it's overpriced. Best website to shop for anything PC or Laptop is Newegg.com

I did a little research for you and found an Asus laptop that comes equipped with Windows 8, it has a backlit keyboard, the buttons are bigger and has space in between them to avoid hitting two keys at once, and the best part? It's under your budget, even with a warranty. Here's the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230706&Tpk=34-230-706