Loosing the network

barbiegirl60

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Does anyone know the combination of keys that turns the wireless capability on and off. My grandson has used ctrl, alt and backspace to clear a whole word off and it happened the first time. My granddaughter fixed it the first time, but, she don't know what she did. Next time a combination of keys were used it done it again! It's been 2 days and I still don't have it fixed yet. HELP!!!

barbiegirl60

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Sorry Guys, I don't know what I was thinking....it is a Dell Inspirion 1545.....I bought it second hand and I have only had it about 2 weeks,,,,any help is appreciated! Thanks

derek3ton

Estimable
Oct 30, 2015
Press FN and F2 together for Dell's supposedly. Also, there is usually a slider switch somewhere on the sides of laptops that can also turn it on/off. Check that.

barbiegirl60

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
Thanks Guys....I don't know how to mark the best answer now............you are both right!! Of course I signed on to this site when I saw I could get good information and help from people that knew what they were doing....well, now I just read the introduction and requirements for this site. And, you know it I don't even come close to meeting these qualifications. I am just a grandma that wears her boys out with computer questions and wishes I knew 1/100 of what you guys all know about computers. Thank you all so much...I really liked being even such a small part for such a little while and I am so excited to be able to get back on my laptop. I am a Notary Public and I do a lot of legal documents on my computer and lots of studying laws and rules pertaining to these documents. Thanks again and you guys carry the torch for those of us who wish we could! You are doing a great job! Hope it's O.K., I'll be looking in on your site every now and then, maybe some of the knowledge will spill over on me!

There is a REQUIREMENT to sign up for this site? Who knew. :D

Don't worry, we gets many under-age everyday and you can spot them because they don't know how to use the subject line, like anybody who ever wrote a memo can. They are a handful.