loosing wifi signal,

ts77unsworth

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
On my tablet my WiFi signal keeps 'coming &'going' there's nothing wrong with router as my phone is also running off wifi &is completely fine running at full strength...yet strangely my tablet is fine at work or elsewhere like when visiting family.

Solution
If it is working fine elsewhere, on all other WiFi connections, then it isn't the tablet. It is, however, your modem/router or your ISP.

I know you said the other devices work fine on it, however that is really common. All it takes is one device to be more 'sensitive' (so to speak) and you will get issues.

First try seeing if it only happens when you are in certain areas of your home. If that is the case, you may need to change where your modem/router is placed to get constant good connections.

Should that not work, try rebooting your modem/router and see if that resolves it.

If, again, the problem still continues, then I would monitor your internet connection. Check the speed, and other info multiple times over a period of time...
If it is working fine elsewhere, on all other WiFi connections, then it isn't the tablet. It is, however, your modem/router or your ISP.

I know you said the other devices work fine on it, however that is really common. All it takes is one device to be more 'sensitive' (so to speak) and you will get issues.

First try seeing if it only happens when you are in certain areas of your home. If that is the case, you may need to change where your modem/router is placed to get constant good connections.

Should that not work, try rebooting your modem/router and see if that resolves it.

If, again, the problem still continues, then I would monitor your internet connection. Check the speed, and other info multiple times over a period of time, and see if it changes a lot. It should change a little. Especially if others are on it. But it shouldn't be drastic.

You can install monitors on the computer to keep an eye on it. You should be also able to go into your router/modem settings and see if there is any data on interruptions, disconnects, etc.

Should it show there are issues, or even if it doesn't, and you still have problems staying connected, call your ISP and have them look into it. Don't accept them saying well I see no problems. Yeah that is really common. They have to really check things or even bump it up to someone higher than them to get it resolved.

Solution