Low budget laptop

burnsbright

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
1. What is your budget? - Approximately $400, max.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? - Assuming this means screen size, 15 inch screen.

3. What screen resolution do you want? - 720 or higher

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? - Portable.

5. How much battery life do you need? - A few hours, minimum.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? - Mostly just Binding of Isaac and Diablo 3. Diablo 3 on medium, preferrably.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) - General computer use: internet, movies, etc.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? - Not much. Enough to hold a few games.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - Nothing specific. Was browsing CL, but I'm hesitant to buy off CL (for the obvious reasons), and would prefer something warrantied.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? - Until it stops working.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? - Bluray would be nice, but DVD minimum for movies.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. - I don't have any brand preference, per say. I've used Dells and HP before, as well as Acer.

13. What country do you live in? - USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. - I knocked a drink onto my old laptop, and now it's dead. I'm shopping around for a replacement, but not in a big hurry. It will mostly be used for the times I'm not at home with my desktop and need some form of entertainment (such as visiting people back in my home state, or friends in other states, or stuck at an airport waiting for a plane, etc.).

Thanks!

Solution
Maybe Acer Aspire V5-571P-6866?
15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
128MB dedicated graphics
Windows 8
Technical details: 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3 processor; 15.6" display; 4GB memory; 500GB hard drive
Special features: Bluetooth; touch screen; backlit keyboard; HDMI output

Momo Iko

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
Maybe Acer Aspire V5-571P-6866?
15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive
128MB dedicated graphics
Windows 8
Technical details: 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3 processor; 15.6" display; 4GB memory; 500GB hard drive
Special features: Bluetooth; touch screen; backlit keyboard; HDMI output

Solution

burnsbright

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion! It looks nice, but from my brief research into mobile gfx, I've not heard anything reliable about the HD 4000. It seems really hit or miss, without any real consistency between different users. Unfortunately, dedicated gfx with most of the Intel processors puts me significantly over my budget price. I've been looking at some AMD APU's, and that seems like more of an affordable option that will still provide the results I want.