LulzSec Hacker Pleads Guilty to Sony Pictures Breach

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tramit

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
[citation][nom]dralliw[/nom]Maybe a few years in federal prison will make this old fella think twice about commiting comments "for the lulz."[/citation]
I don't think their right to comment justifies the harming of thousands of people? Free speech is alright, just don't hurt my rights.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i put a lock on something it means i don't want someone messing with something inside. just because you can pick the lock or the lock is made poorly so that you can twist the lock and it opens doesn't mean you were 'allowed in' it should be treated just like braking an entering like the common criminals they are.

G

willard 04/06/2012 2:26 PM
Hide
-3+

Maybe a few years in federal prison will make this kid think twice about committing felonies "for the lulz."

PEOPLE LIKE WILLARD MAKE ME SICK...ALWAYS SIDING WITH THE POWERFUL AGAINST THE WEAK.

PEOPLE LIKE WILLARD SHOULD BE HUNTED DOWN AND TAKEN OUT.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]You realize this guy will probably have a high priced ass in the prison?[/citation]

You realize Oz isn't a realistic view of life in prison? They mainly just go after the S.O.s and gang members. A guy like this would likely consider the worst part of his daily life not having constant internet access.

"Anonymous surfaced back in 2010"
Oh and really? You must be new to the internet. People have always been anonymous. Even the group mentality has been around much longer than 2 years.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]You realize this guy will probably have a high priced ass in the prison?[/citation]

Now back in reality, this stuff doesn't happen.

freeinterweb

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?"Following this logic I can therefore run around shooting people. Hey, if they are not wearing body armor they allowed themselves to become willing targets !15 years should not be the MAXIMUM, but the MINIMUM.$600,000 in Damages... Try robbing 'only' $60.000 from a Bank and see what happens ![/citation]

15 years should be the min.... okay so causing Sony 600,000 in damages is worse than rape and a lot of other things according to that statement (in the US)

its common sense to have important things secured properly
would u leave your car door open with the keys in the keys on the seat?
Sony basically left a Ferrari window open in a low income area and said hey we locked the door atleast

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I will bet he gets a job with the feds instead of jail..[/citation]
lol...he is probably working for the FBI as we speak

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Yeah after years in prison he will have a high paying job cuz he will be a more appealing candidate than hundreds of other guys who didn't go to prison....oh wait...

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Even when the hacking is bad i'm happy it happens now BEFORE _everything_ is in the cloud, people can still choose wherever they trust the companies with their data or not and the last flurry of hacks is quite telling for me about the security![/citation]

om of a position that it shouldn't be a crime to hack companies.
every successful hack the company should be forced to pay a reword to the person who hacks them depending on what they get out of it.

putting the hackers in prison puts "fear" in people (i know it doesnt but g with it) and allows companies to rely on fbi and crap when they are hacked.

if you are a company, what would you do, spend millions on security that may never be needed, or try to use that money to drive stock prices up? if hackers like these are treated as criminals, than the real ones who will eff your life up wont have as much crap to get through.

G

600,000 yeah right. Just like when the feds do a drug bust and say the 3lbs of pot they found has a street value of 1 BILLION DOLLARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.